well, i went and got the java fern....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

steppy104

Grarr
Reaction score
umm...ya....i bought 2 pieces and tied them up on opposite sides of a piece of bogwood...yup...they look cool. i took a 5g light cover that i'm not using and layed it across the top, so now i do have light...am i done? do i do anything to it? it seems wierd that the only thing holding them up is a piece of thread...will they ever just grow onto the wood? or do i just keep them tied up?

and what if they start dying...why would they be dying? and what do i do? do they grow very wide?

heres the setup-
20" wide
10g.jpg
10" up and down

the black circle and the thing next to it is my filter...the circle sucks, and the other thing spits out the water. the red circle is my heater. the brown thing in the middle is the driftwood and them green star-like things are my ferns. that white thing with eyes and a nose is my skull decor. :D

You guys are so helpful :p

The plants should beging to grow roots around the wood, but it won't happen overnight, so keep them tied up for another 2 months :) These plants are pretty tough, if they start dying there is probably something wrong with you're water (Nitrates too high, medicines). Our java fern thrives with pretty low/medium lighting, at a temps of 70-80 degrees. The only other thing that kills our ferns is my severum, which shouldn't have any affect on your plants ;) Good luck with them :thumbs:

gee guys...thanks for the comments....lol.

i don't have a nitrate tester...:huh: i don't test my water...thanks for the info...guess i'm just waiting it out from here.... :p

Most reactions

Back