Weird "thing's" On My Glass

kranor

Reaction score
Hi all need some help
just last year restarted fishkeeping after a 10 year break. My tank has these strange pink things appearing above the water line and I wonder if anyone can tell me what they are.

They feel hard and have a sort of teardrop shape. they look like they have a bubble structure and they are leaking what appears to be limescale into the gap between the tank lid and glass which then leaks down the front. I remved one about 2 months ago and now I have two more. (no pictures I'm afraid as the digital camera has decided to take a holiday).

What are they?
Are they harmful?
Why do I have them?
And how do i get rid of them and keep them away?

Cheers in advance

kranor,

I am having a hard time visualizing exactly what you are seeing there. When you get a chance, please post a photo -- I think that would go a long way toward getting more replies.

Also if you could tell us what type of fish you have in the tank as they may be eggs of some kind :good:

Fish in the tank are 2 Guppies 4 Neon Tetra 3 Honey Gourami 2 Bronze Corydourus and 3 Golden apple snails

Your thoughts put me on the right track. They are apple snail eggs

Fish in the tank are 2 Guppies 4 Neon Tetra 3 Honey Gourami 2 Bronze Corydourus and 3 Golden apple snails

Your thoughts put me on the right track. They are apple snail eggs

Yep, they do lay them above the water, make sure you remove them quickly if you don't want them because they set like concrete after a while! I have a tank that still has a mark on it from over 6 years ago!

I'm also going to guess they are eggs.

Most reactions

Back