Water Wisteria

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishboy619

Fish Addict
Reaction score
just wondering if this usally happens, i bought some water wisteria onver the net a few days ago, and recived it on thursday, i sorted it out etc and planted it in my sand substrate tank on that day. now a few days later, im finding parts of the plant floating at the surface, obovousily broken off and floated. i added interpet flora boost when i added them. will the water wisteria eventually settle in and root firmy into the sand, then stop moulting.or will it continue to have parts floating to the surface?
it has plenty of strong light, and flora boost added weekly.
the reason i ask, is when it breaks off and floats, the filter movement moves the parts to the filter intake and blocks it up, resulting in me removing the plant every so often, some parts that have broken off as just leaves or scraps, other bits are stalks with leaves on, which i have weighted down and planted in my tank again, hopeing they will grow.
any help welcome,
cheers

It’s a soft plant so it damages easily in the post, once it settles down which it should do without a problem it will stop shedding leaves and grow vigorously. I had the same experience with it breaking up after it came in the post.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back