Water Conditioner Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Snowbrumby

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Again :)

Can you use too much water decholrinator stuff? We normally have tank/rain water but because it hadn't rained for a while had to buy in cholrinated water from town. It rained a little bit yesterday so now our watertanks are a mix of fresh and chlorine water - or, put another way, weak chlorinated water :) I'm guessing that when I do a water change for the fish tank, it is still okay to add the full recommended amount of chlorine remover? I mean, different water in different places has different chlorine strengths but the recommended amount on the bottle stays the same.

Hi :) ,

from previous posts on here, to which I agree, the general concencus is that too much dechlorinator is better than not enough.

Any chlorine left in your water could do alot more damage to your fish and bacteria than a little extra dechlorinator would.

Obviously you don't want to go too over the top but you should be fine adding the normal recommended amount to you "part and part" mix :nod:

steve 8)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I can't wait for it to rain properly again so I don't have to add anything to the water. But that doesn't look like happening any time soon :(

Most reactions

Back