Water changes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pcam86

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i've read the instructions for my dechlorinator and it says add 10ml for every 70L. Thing is it also says this for when i do water changes where i obviously only take like 20% water out and replace it. I only need to remove the chlorine from the added water don't i?

it works best if you add the dechlorinator to the tap water before you add it to the tank. So if you have 100 L tank... doing 20% water change... add the amount of product appropriate for 20L to the 20 L of tap water. Then add the dechlorinated tap water to the existing tank.

You only need to treat the new water for chlorine and chloramine not the whole tank

if you add it to the tank after you put the new water make sure u put a little xtra

Dechorinators work instantly on contact with the water. You can put it into the tap water first, you can put it into the aquarium first (as i've been doing only for 10 years), you can pour it in while you fill the tank... it doesn't make a difference. Definately only add as much as you are replacing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back