Water Change Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

martin_jones

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am typically taking out 20L of water from my tank, once a week. This seems to be keeping the tank stable.

My question is how do people typically get the water back into the tank.

My Juwel Vision 260L is quite high off the ground, and is a bit of an effort to pour the two buckets back in. Also, even though I'm careful when pouring the water back in, it does seem to move the plants about (and the fish do get quite interested in all the bubbles!)

What methods do people use for doing this?

Martin

hi,
i change 20% a week in my 180 juwel vision, which is 36 ltr. for a 260 it would be 52 ltr,
i use a 2 ltr jug, yes i splash water but thats just my way, lol.

When you invest in a python (if you haven't already, but def should as soon as possible), they have ones with faucet attachments. Depending how far away a sink is and how tempermental your faucet is about keeping a constant temp, this might be a good option. It will deliver the water quickly and shouldnt splash to much or disturb your scenary. Plus, they are moderatly cheap (depending on how much tubing you need) and work both ways, bringing the new water to your tank, and taking the old nitrate rich water to your drain.

I prefer the bucket method because my faucet can instantly turn to ice or into a volcano that spews magma (fun when your taking a shower :no: ) so I dont trust the water going directly into my tank. But like I said, this is one option.

Most reactions

Back