Was Supposed To Be A Fowlr.........

My light arrived today, thought it would be bigger than it is. Only paid £20 for it, and therefor decent for the price.

It has 2 white bulbs and 1 blue, 24W in total, so is ok for what i want.
The way i have them is only temporary, the glass pieces are not stuck down that is holding the light in place. Hopefully my cat doesn't feel like taking a look. :blink:

I will eventually get a piece of glass cut to size, to cover the top as best i can, taking the wires and skimmer into account... there will still be gaps though :angry:

I had it on the brackets first, but being a little far from the surface diffused the light too much so decided to take them off and lie it on the glass pieces.

DSCF9067.jpg

DSCF9070.jpg

I also put my other blue led's into it.
DSCF9075.jpg

DSCF9077.jpg

Any idea what this is? it moves, some sort of clam?
DSCF9065.jpg

You will find a way to make it stable IM sure. It is a nice looking fixture. GOSH that is a big skimmer on back hehe. I need one for my 29. Love it. The tank looks great!

-Tyler

Yeh ill sort it out soon.

And the skimmer was bought relatively cheap and is rated for a 90 gallon :lol: skims well though :good:

Taken some pics of the zoas to hopefully get an i'd.. 'lljdma' hinting this to you :shifty:

DSCF9079.jpg

DSCF9080.jpg

DSCF9083.jpg

DSCF9082.jpg

The tank is doing very well with the skimmer and new lighting. The yellow polyps are already spreading, and the mushies on the same piece of rock as the yellow polyps are growing well from what they started off as. The green mushrooms are splitting too :good:

I was also thinking about getting something for the tank in the way of inverts. What do you think? Something like a feather duster and urchin, or a blue starfish?

Cheers

Gethin

Most reactions

Back