Wanted - Small External Filter

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Schmill

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm actually after an inline pipe to speed up my water flow when gravel vac-ing my tank as I have to use such a long 'waste' hose the flow rate drops down so much that the gravel vac doesn't work properly.
I don't seem to be be able to find just an 'inline pump' anywhere though, so I figure an external filter with all the media baskets removed should do the job.

As such I don't need it to come with media, or baskets, or be quiet (if people have 'dodgy' ones!), just cheap as chips and ideally with taps so I can control the flowrate, but even thats not critical.
I'm in Bedfordshire, so closer is better :)

Thanks

Looks like it might, what do you want for it? Also does it have any of the fittings with it?
Feel free to PM me if you want :)
Thanks

Cheers, can't access P.B from work, but will take a look tonight, will also do a 'test syphon' into a bucket tonight to try and work out what sort of flow rate the gravel vac is giving / needing.
As I can't see the pic at the moment, does the Fluval have taps on it? (just thinking so that I can reduce the flowrate to prevent hose collapse :) )

Thanks again :)

its only got the level to put presure up or down...all u have to do is put taps on the hoses.

Ehiem 2213 comes with some hose and two taps on each end
Fully working just surplus.

Steve

The following is more for my notes than anything :)

Just done my test syphon twice:

1) 10 Litres gravel-vaced in 1min 13sec (=73 seconds)
2) 10 Litres gravel-vaced in 1min 11 sec (=71 seconds)

So working on that, 1hr = 3600 seconds, on that, 3600 / 72 =50.
50 10 litre buckets per hour needs 500 LPH flow rate.

Fluval 104 is rated at 480 LPH, so it could run flatout and in theory be ok, especially with no media fitted.
Eheim 2213 is rated at 440 LPH, so again can run flatout, but might be a bit too low flow.

only a tenner if you can pick up...only down the road to u...got the canister with everything in it and the connection piece for the top to put your pipes onto...ill do a pic and put on here for u...give me 30 min

here u go...everything in pic is included...no pipes tho.

[URL="http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/we...pg?t=1228743978"]http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/we...pg?t=1228743978[/URL]

Can you just push standard hosepipe onto those fittings? Was just trying ot read through a pdf of the manual online and it seemed to indicate that the original pipes have some kind of threaded fitting on the ends to fasten, rather than just a standard clamp ring style arrangement?

u fit 16/22 pipe onto the filter and there are bits that screw onto the pipes to stop the water leaking

Just measured my hosepipe and it is 12mm internal diameter, and 16mm internal diameter.
Finally found myself an explaination of 16/22 online, and realised it is 16/22".

Based on that, (25.4mm / 22) * 16 = 18.47mm

Damn, sounds like it would be too wide to fit my hosepipe onto?

Just measured my hosepipe and it is 12mm internal diameter, and 16mm internal diameter.
Finally found myself an explaination of 16/22 online, and realised it is 16/22".

Based on that, (25.4mm / 22) * 16 = 18.47mm

Damn, sounds like it would be too wide to fit my hosepipe onto?

i have a fluval 205 for sale £20 plus postage

Most reactions

Back