Wanted Free Fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

racheljones1985

Reaction score
hi i am looking for small tropical peaceful fish. tetras livebearers corys rasboras danios etc. have just just aquired a new home 4ft home for my fish with plenty of room for more. the tank is not ready yet but do have a matured tank still in use. need to be for free can collect. thanks for looking
rachel

the perch will be no good with your tetra and livebearers unless you want them to be lunch

I dont really think youll get any fish for freeexcept if , its old, recently born, too aggressive, in bad condition, too big, too delicate etc. I know I would certainly NOT give away fish for free, if I bought them with my own money. If my fish gave birth though id give you some free ones, or swap them

the perch will be no good with your tetra and livebearers unless you want them to be lunch
he's not aggressive he in an community tank with neons serpar serpae tetra and baby tiger barbs he do chase them out of his terror ory but never attacks

Have a google at video clips of adult Ctenopoma acutirostre, lets just say that once your "peaceful" gets bigger, so will his/her mouth and appetite! ;)

But at least your tank will be less crowded, as there will only be Tiger Barbs and your "peaceful" fish left...

Don't get me wrong, I think acutirostre are beautiful, I may still get one or five (needs group to spread aggression) once my 540l tank is operative. But then the smallest fish I have in there will be my Panda Garras ;)

thank you all for your messages. :)

as for getting fish for free some people do give their fish away for free. some of the reasons iclude giving up fish keeping all together maybe for health reasons or moving abroad or moving to smaller houses and have no room for their tank / people who want to move on to more experienced forms of fish keeping, like malawis, discus and marine, or they have fish who are breeding and have so many fish to get rid of and cant sell them/ people who have tried selling their fish and they didnt sell and they need to to go.

i only ask for free fish cos i am a mum of 2 young children who dont have much money and i love my hobby very much.

Most reactions

Back