Want a tank of female bettas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

I_Smell_Fish

Reaction score
I have a 15 gallon with some pygmy cories and the tank is cycled. I want to have about 6 female bettas in it, but I can't add them all at once because the tank isn't cycled for that many fish. However, I can't add female bettas a couple at a time because they'll fight. All 6 need to be added at once.

My plan is to add another kind of fish a little at a time, something about the size of female bettas. When I safely get to 6 of those fish, I plan to return them to my lfs and then add all 6 bettas at one time immediately.

Is this a good plan? Is there a better strategy?

Thank you in advance.

You can add the bettas one by one to be honest.. if you want to go through the trouble, fashion some sort of breeder box, even a Rubbermaid container with holes for water passage would work. Add one fish at a time, every new fish going into this so called "quarantine cage" for enough time to observe the fishes interactions with others already in the tank. The fish will be in the same water, so the cycle issue will be taken care of slowly, as well as the fact that the fish will be able to interact without causing too much stress and if it turns out that one betta is particularly aggressive just don't add it to the tank.

Not saying it's ideal but I know people who have done it.

Your option is viable too but it's a little more money and trouble to go through.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back