Walmart

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Himmel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OKAY I couldnt just leave him there, Hes really beat up fins torn ect, He was in a tank with Bala Sharks and some little algae eaters.

Hes BLACK with some mottled brown with long feelers on his nose the feelers are white tipped
I dont want to take his pic at this time as I dont want to stress him.

How do I mend his torn up fins?? And any Ideas on type?

Attachments

• CATFISHY.jpeg
    CATFISHY.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 107
  • catfish1.jpeg
    catfish1.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 99
  • catfish.jpeg
    catfish.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 158
that doesnt sound like any pleco ive heard of.its a catfish of some form

I dont want to photo graph him right now as He is stressed out enough The Flash would make it worse!

I will try to get one tomorrow

I dont even know what his true color is all I really know is he was black pure black when I got him
now he is getting more brown on him
I gave him an algae pellet
hope he eats that lol

Definitely no plec I've ever seen. The body is vaguely similar but I suspect it's another type of catfish altogether. Maybe an Upside Down or something else. Without a better picture, it's hard to say.

How do I mend his torn up fins?? And any Ideas on type?

Clean water. Maybe try some melafix or something like that but clean water and good food (when you find out what he eats) might be enough.

Dylan

Definiatly not that, but I looked thru all the other cat fish on that site hes not there argh I will go to a pet store today and see if I can find one like him so that I can research them........ Tank size shouldnt be an issue as I have a 5 gal a 10 gal a 37 gal and an 80 gal right now and we are planning on getting a 500gal and a 1000 gall in 6 months when we buy out house (dont think the apts would like all those tanks lol)

I will let you all know what he is when I know lol unless theres more guesses I will also borrow a Camera with Macro on it so I can take better pics of him

Hes really shy though really really shy.

Thank you everyone for your help..........

Himmel

i'm not everyone :p we don't have walmarts in the uk, i just thought they were like supermarkets, obviously i'm wrong on that one! can you buy anything in these places?

i'm not everyone :p we don't have walmarts in the uk, i just thought they were like supermarkets, obviously i'm wrong on that one! can you buy anything in these places?
walmart is asda they sell aquatics over there in the us, wont be too long before they do over here :no:

Most reactions

Back