WALMART, WALMART, WALMART........

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I agree that Walmart is a disguisting place to buy fish. It is a horrendous OUTRAGE that they can even sell fish to the public. It would be nice if we the fish keepers could come together and do something about it, but what???

We could start taking pictures of what we see, but then what will we do with them?

It's not like we'd have to take the picts out in public. We could do it discretely :grr: and secretively :ninja: and then we could start some sort of a site or petition with photos for the whole wide world to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flex:

Does anyone have any other ideas or is it too much of a hassle, just like the people who say, "It doesn't matter if I recycle......just little old ME won't make a difference".

Silver
:whistle:

i would be more than happy to help do simething about it, but, what. i do know that there is a website for walmart employees that is basically a gripe session . i could get the information and we could go on at different times and express our opinions about their STINKY fish tanks. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

good ideas i could sneak in and take pics of dead and deaseased fish :ninja: theres 2 guys that treat fish well they told me that i should move my o's to a 55 or 75 :thumbs:

no walmart over here, but it would be great to fight them :ninja:

lol, i just found this smily...funny stuff :eek:sama:

The Walmarts near me no longer sell fish- just fish tanks, food, etc. It's the Petceteras that are the problem here: Almost half their bettas are dead in those little plastic cups- and the employees don't even seem to notice (or care)! :sick:

Don’t take picture take a good quality digital video camera in and record the shop. If someone asks what you are doing just say you are making a short advertisement of the shop because Uncle Fozzy in Holland doesn’t believe that Wal-Mart can be so big and good. So you just want to show how good and great the shop is. Don’t stop the camera at any time so you get a start of the picture when you are walking into the shop until the end when you walk out which then can be used in evidence. Because there are no breaks in the picture they can’t say you stopped it and edited it with a poor quality shop.
Then what you do is to set up out side the shop with banners and signs with images of the dead fish and the video constantly playing over and over with the dead fish. for this you can make a copy of the tape and edit it so you can only see dead fish.
If this is America you should be allowed to protest and demonstrate in front of the shop as you do live in the land of the free :grr: (ya right)
But the only problem that you may get is they company might own the car park as well so you may then have to move the protest to entry where the cars come in. But if your signs are big enough you will be seen and it will be felt.

If you are in a small town you will make the papers.

Some things to do before you do this.
1. Make sure you have a press statement (just in case) you don’t want to look like a winging prick. Make it clear and precise.
2. Make sure you have some one with a Still photo camera Non digital ( this is just in case some one gets a bit p*ssed with you and get aggressive then you can take photos to take to court.
3. Warm Cloths
4. Also to be on the safe side inform the police that you will be holding a peaceful demonstration outside the shop. This will make it legal.

we got any good camera men/women here???

I don't think getting bitter and petty is the way to fight them, it only convinces people that fish lovers are nuts. The best way is to not shop there, and to educate people as best we can, in forums and people we meet. I will group petcetera, petsmart, big-als retail, and any other large chains into the same category of places to avoid. The best way to fight these companies is to find a small independent shop to support.

I posted this in the other Wal Mart thread as well.

If people really want to do something about the conditions in Wal Mart fish dept the answers are this simple..

1} dont buy fish and fish products from them period. {no more fish rescues}

2} start a letter writing campaign send your protest letters to your local Wal Mart and to Wal Marts main office.. Tell them your concerns and the mistreatment of fish that you have seen in their stores.

3} Inform others about the mistreatment and get them to send letters as well and to boycott Wal Mart fish..

4} send letters to PETA and other animal rights groups and try to get them involved..

If enough people stop buying Wal Mart fish and send in letters sooner or later Wal Mart Executives will notice and will try to fix the problem.. These people want your money and dont want pissed off customers and bad public relations.. Those things both mean lower profits for them..The more letters they recieve the more likely the will take this issue serious.

By involving PETA and the other animal rights groups you add alot of clout to your message and they can provide a nation/world wide awareness to the issue if they take up the cause as well..

The above is my 2cents worth on the issue if you want to get something done.

on a personal note. I refuse to buy Wal Mart fish and equipment and have for years felt this way.

I honestly and TOTALLY agree with what you are saying. I understand the peaceful, to-the-point, avoid getting ugly routine. But there is one MAJOR problem with that:

If you are quiet and motivated NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU!!!! :*)

If you are LOUD and motivated you WILL get heard!!! :D

But you can be loud and respectfull as well.

My husband's father is the owner and founder of RapidSystem (web solutions, hosting and development) and he gave us a server for our wedding present, a fairly good one. It was so we could try and develop our own Hosting company, prompthosting.net is the site I developed all on my own, with no help from my husband. I've also designed my mom's site by myself.....silkentreasures.com and a few more. We've played around with it and I am a pretty darn good website developer and I would be happy to register the domain name and try and make a site where we could put quotes or comments and photos and video clips on there and anything else you can think of......maybe someone would like to help me??

I think if we put our sight in the search engines, which I also know quite a bit about, we could get QUITE a few people trying to find Walmart.....that will happen across our site......maybe some LFS stores could put links to our site from thiers........the possibilities are endless!!!!!!!!

This way we could be LOUD.....without ONE WORD!!!!!

Walmart put my LFS out of business and they had a family and worked hard. This P*SSES me off ROYALY. I have been forced to shop at Petco for a while, but am still searching for another good LFS that I want to support.

Silver
:grr:

The walmart where I live is ok but not as bad as most of the other ones. From what I've heard they treat their fish really bad so I'll help.

thecichlidaddict said:
I will group petcetera, petsmart, big-als retail, and any other large chains into the same category of places to avoid.
I disagree. The Big Al's by me has an excellent reputation in the area and is the only place I buy fish. There tanks are immaculate and the service is great :thumbs:

im too young to get a job but you all can get a job at wal mart lol and then you can take care of the fish better or every time you get a customer scare em off with the yaga yaga curse you ohyaa ohohohoh hahaha boooooo lol put a hex on em (not the fish tank will cost too much) and when you see an employee just say i was having a daymare and was fighting off evil spirits lol :devil:

or any construction workers out there you can just fence off the whole place and say its physically hazardus and say you have to redo all the driveway and everything and like take out tthe whole parking lot

or you can say to the manager if you dont hire better fish workers youll youll uhh shoot him lol

or you can go straight to the top either the supreme court (which well never get in)
or you can go to the walton guy i think his name is err i think he resigned so i think his kids are trillion aires now but worth a shot

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back