Walmart Bettas

BeccaBlain

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I went to Zellers and Walmart today, because the flashlight showed a little start of velvet on his vectoral and belly. And well, after I picked up my jungle parasite killer stuff, I looked at the bettas.

There was a Betta in there... fins all chewed up, so I couldn't even tell what type it was. His coloration was similar to a red cambodian, (pale/white body with colored fins)... but the really cool thing was all of his colors were practically neon. If only he had been healthy. He would have been a beautiful addition to the tank.

Alas, he wasn't, but dear lords, pretty coloration.

Now, Is this Jungle parasite guard stuff any good? It was the only kind they carried.

Also, does anyone have any experience with wardley betta food? My betta loves it (Yay! I FOUND a fishfood he'll eat!) but I want to make sure it'll be good for him. And my poor baby made a bit of a mess of his tail. Shoot. Oh well, that was my own bloody fault. Tail damage will heal, won't it? (he got a little bit of a fray on the tip of his anal tail)

Anyway, thanks.

Becca

ive never used wardleys but my sister did and she had her betta for about 3 years. HEr betta always looked healthy active and alert. unfortunatly my daughter killed it on our last visit by feeding the whole jar at once while i thought she was napping. didnt see it till it was too late. boy was my sis pissed at me.

Great, that sounds very promising then. I was worried i would have to go to discus food because Monomezurashii is extremely picky. I'm really sorry to hear abou the betta being overfed to death. That is a real shame.

I'm happy to see my Betta is eating well. He had a treat of bloodworms this morning, and a few pellets a few hours later when I found the new food. Now he won't get bloodworms for a while, but I am extremely happy he has food :)

Hes hiding in his corner because he isn't happy with my fixing his water with new things to make him better. :)

Thanks for the comment, its appreciated

Becca

Yeah I've used Wardley's Betta Food before... Its really good in my opinion and pretty cheap in price. :p

Yeah, I noticed how bloody cheap it was. I looked at the price and went "Oh please let my Betta like this, oh please let my Betta like this!" :wub:

And boy, does my Betta like it. stalkstalkstalkstalkstalkCHOMP (swallowswallowswallow).

I should have named him "Stomach with Fins" Instead of Monomezurashii (Curious, in Japanese)

Oh well, can't win them all. :)

It IS a shame about that beautiful betta in walmart though... If it had been four weeks from now, once I had the other tank set up and the one I'm using now retired, I might have snuck him home and tried to recouperate the poor darling.

Becca

i have used Jungle parasite guard and was very happy with it.

It must be depressing that those fish are in little tiny cups... they must be bored...

The Bettas I was looking at were extremely stressed. Their cups were smooshed together so they could see the other males. They were flaring what was left of their tails.

It was downright depressing looking at them. Poor things.

Becca

Oh! And Blueice, how long would you say it took for the parasite guard to elimate the problem in your tank?

Thanks, Its been a while since I've dealt with any of the fish fixers. :) i remember weeks of hell when outbreaks broke out when I had fish years ago.

Becca

i believe last time was about 2 weeks before everyone was back to normal...

I use Wardley "Premium Betta Food" (in a container with a blue cap). My betta took about 5 days to get used to eating it, however. He kept having the pellet fly out of his mouth and then couldn't seem to chew it up. Now, however, he's having no problems at all. The first time he really ate one without it flying out, I gave him a few freeze dried bloodworms (his favorite treat) to "reward" him. He seems to like these much better than flakes.

Hi there Becca-

That is very sad about the betta in the store! Neon huh? must have been very beautiful.

I have tried the jungle product and it has worked great! It took about 2 1/2 weeks to completely clear up on all the fish, but they seemed better after a day or two.

My betta whom I had had for 4 years was fed Wardleys he loved it. Right now i have a baby betta who wont eat =( I wish I could find him something he likes!

I hope your Betta gets better soon!

If only I had a spare container and a warm enough apartment... I doubt the thing'll be alive or there by saturday, but I'm tempted to convince my husband to go back to walmart and rescue him.

I could probably turn him into a fantabulous fish, given proper care and a little effort.

A lot of money for a "maybe he'll survive" though (and a lot of "But hunny, if I don't do it, he'll DIE...)

Maybe the store I like to shop for fish at will have one similar. Now that I've seen the Neon betta, I'm going to have to find another.. thats healthy.

And when I typed that, my Monomezurashii flared, as if he knew exaacctly what I was thinking.

What a spooky fish. Hes so cool.

Oh well, farewell, my neon betta. :byebye: I'll have to find another one like you.

Becca

Most reactions

Back