Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
potm-smallbanner.jpg

POLL IS NOW CLOSED!
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 10 very cute pets entered into the July 2023 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

You are not allowed to update your entry picture once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on July 31st at 4:00 PM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
Teagan01.jpg

My wife found this cutie abadoned at her mother's apartment. It had been out for 2 days straight they had seen it outside crying. Sinus drainage marks in ears and nose. Couldn't resist taking him home.

Meet Teagan. He's about 4 to 5 months old.

Last edited by a moderator:
7075638E-2474-4E0F-8108-F495075126BE.jpeg

This is my guinea pig Opal! She will be 2 years old August 1st. I adopted her from someone who ended up being allergic to her. She was adopted with her sister Onyx. Sadly, Onyx passed away a couple months ago… they were both 1 month old when we got them. Opal became quite depressed alone, so I bought her two new friends to accompany her.
She loves romaine lettuce and green peppers. She also likes carrots and apple peels, but doesn’t eat them as often.
She spends a little time each day sleeping on her small bed, and lots of time a day eating and jumping around her cage!
She knows the difference between me and someone else. She will lick me, and not many others. She is always very sweet to people, but can get a little moody with her other guinea pig friends. She also somewhat knows how to ‘come’. If I tap the floor, she will run to me (probably expecting food).
She seems very interested in staring at my axolotl Ramen.

IMG-20220809-WA0000.jpeg

This is Rupert (he's the one on the left in the second image). He's one of my house rabbits, I adopted him in 2019 from a rescue centre and he's about 6 years old. He's gone completely blind in the last year but doesn't let it get in his way. I've clicker trained him to heel since he went blind and he picked it up really quickly! He likes to stand by the fridge when he's hungry waiting for someone to give him treats, and he has funny helicopter ears that go in whatever direction they fancy.

He enjoys banana, sunbathing, massages and occasionally chewing my new carpet!

His friend is Lilac, I'll have to enter her separately next time as didn't think I could enter two at once.

IMG_5194.jpg

This is Luna our Great Pyrenees/Siberian Husky mix.
She is definitely my dog and loves to be around me. She'll lay next to me when I look at the aquarium, stay with me when I do schoolwork, and even just comes up to me when she is stressed or knows I am.
I used to train her in searching for things but I have fallen behind on it. But she LOVES learning how to. Its a fun game for her now and she still knows the commands.

IMG_2023-07-11-15-16-51-888.jpg

This little girl here is Kimba, the name comes from Africa and it means Brushfire. I chose that name because of her colors. Her original owner had passed away and the grown children of the deceased had kicked and beat her and other sibling cats and threw them all out of the house. Kimba was found underneath the porch by rescuers about 3 weeks later hungry and scared out of her mind. It took rescuers many hours to get her to come out and she did but lost touch with her other siblings. Wife and I were discussing another cat for Precious our 13 yr old feline daughter and so we saw an adoption ad for this gorgeous calico female approximately 4-6 yrs old just a few miles from us and we went to get her. She has a piece missing from her right ear tip, a couple of her teeth are a little offset and come out to the side and I'm pretty sure she has a broken nose or at the least an enlarged nose cavity no doubt from all the beating she took from the deceased's kin. She has become quite the daddy's girl and has grown to love her sister Precious and just loves to be outside on the back patio (fenced in they are inside cats) grabbing as much sun as possible while taking a nap. Kimba and I have a routine when I go bed she gets about a 15-20 min message and then she curls up underneath my chin and kneads my pillow and when she stops purring I know she's asleep. She's my second feline daughter but they're both my #1
Thanks for looking!

IMG_0490.jpeg

Well here’s my first submission, my Best friend and Buddy Parker. I’ve been a Lab owner for 40 years, this guy here I had breed from a breeder appx. 100 miles from my house in 2021 after I lost my 13 year old Boy Tucker in 2021 due to 6 years of diabetes, 2 shots of insulin a day. So I continue my love for my pets, my wife, my kids, my fish tanks and frogs. Here’s a picture of Parker, he’s still crazy but mellowing out finally!! Wish me luck!

This is Marcello, my service dog in training.
F38D148E-DC1C-4040-B8CF-F4B90417CEF1.jpeg

He is 3.5 months old, and doing well in his training! He has a long way to go, and the focus right now is mostly exposure and foundations.

We just flew from Washington state, to Virginia to come meet his trainer and pick him up from his organization. We’re flying home early morning tomorrow!

Marcello is a German shepherd mix. He will be trained to alert to my cardiac condition, press a button for help, so deep pressure therapy, tunnel under my legs to elevate them when I pass out, and more!

When we get home tomorrow, he starts training with his new trainer to continue his work!

Teddy.jpg

We'll try this... this is Teddy ( Teddy Bear Walker ) he's a Teddy Bear dog ( Shiatzu Bichon cross ) here is is just sitting in the chair watching his "poppa" work on my work bench... he's 6 years old right now, & spoiled rotten I'll get a picture of him with the verification banner in a couple hours when I get home

MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

This is my tree hermit crab Pinchy. We sort of "rescued" him from the local pet store where him and another hermit crab were being sold for half the price because they were in very bad condition (e.g. broken leg tips, not eating, etc). I've had him for about 2 years now. Pinchy lives with 3 other crabs in their "craberrium". Although he is the smallest, he is also the most mischievous, always getting stuck somewhere or another trying to escape...as shown in this photo of him try to get out of the bucket.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back