🐡 FOTM VOTE NOW - August 2023 Fish of the Month Contest (Loricariidae / Suckermouth Catfish)

Vote Now for August 2023 Fish of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score

POLL HAS ENDED
Loricariidae
:fish: :fish:

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 9 awesome Loricariidae entered into August 2023 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page - click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.
You are not allowed to update your entry picture once voting has started.

Please note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a Winner Thread for all to see and to comment. The winner also will be added to our FOTM Wall of Fame .

Poll will close on August 31st at 5:15 PM ET (US).

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
z2.jpg

I have a bunch of mystery snails and the young pleco have to compete with them so frequently you get something like this; of course it means I have very clean mystery snails....

Normally i prefer to take my pleco picture from the front but asking them to change position is always tricky because sometime they feel insulted and go to the back of the aquarium.... and you don't really get much of any picture.
---

Last edited by a moderator:
aquariums 17.jpg

I'll add my King Tiger Pleco L-333 ( I actually have 3 that are about 2 inches long in this tank ) mature size is less than 6 inches... they seem to be pretty slow growing... these 3 are in a 45 gallon ( tall ) & they seem OK to hang with my Armano shrimp, and my albino Cory's... they are pretty little yet, but I've never seen a poop string behind them
more info here...

The picture with the required info...

IMG_0731.jpg

This is Draco, a juvenile male super red bristlenose pleco. I adopted him from "in the bag tropical fish" (highly recommended breeder of plecos and cories - i'm not related to them, but they are amazing so check them out). He is a captive UK bred specimen.

He lives in my main community tank alongside another pleco (common bristlenose, unknown sex) and my other community fishies. He loves to eat algae wafers but I also feed them pleco pops and crickie dough (home made food made by the above mentioned breeder) and whatever my other fishes don't finish. Sadly he also eats the pygmy cories ggs lied on the glass... He is much more active during the day than my other pleco and I say that in a previous life he was a cow cos he will whip his tail at the tetras and the guppies when they are getting on his nerves. I love him, great personality and a proper hoover for my soil X''D also very much a pooping machine like all plecos :D

1692211840345.jpeg

Serving as the resident suckermouth catfish of my 75 gallon South American nanofish community aquarium are six Nannoptopoma sp peru. Commonly known as orange zebra otos and robocop otos, they are the smaller cousins of the beloved otocinclus and occupy a similar niche in their native Peru. I’ve had three for nearly two years and recently added another three to the group. They share the tank with a pair of gold Macmasteri apistos, schools of green neons, black schultzei corys, and various pencilfish species. True to their reputation for having fast metabolisms that require constant feeding, they can be seen busily grazing the surfaces of leaves, driftwood and the many botanicals that cover the sand substrate. Although there is plenty of algae/aufwuchs in a tank choked with plants, I supplement their diet with Bacter AE: they don’t seem to touch the blanched vegetables that most otos seem to enjoy, so I’ve given up offering them. One of the most entertaining things about this aquarium is watching these guys swim from leaf to leaf. They resemble fluttering bumblebees in that they seem to vibrate side to side much faster than they can propel themselves forward. They are such a joy to watch.

tempImage0oL7xl.png

This is my long fin lemon BN pleco. He's about 1 year old and lives in my shrimp and guppy tank along side all the guppy fry. Tank is a 35 gallon cube. He happy shares his space and sometimes his food, with all the growing fry in this tank. He has a favorite rock he sleeps under, once he's ready to let his tank mates finish off his meal. His favorite food is zucchini.

IMG_2376.jpeg

This is a Rhino Pleco I got at the LFS about a year ago. He lives with six Clown Loaches and nine Electric Blue Acara in a 125 gallon tank. These guys are all about half grown. The pleco spends most of the time clinging to the glass with his big sucker mouth. Unlike my Common Plecos, he does not eat algae off the tank walls. I offer pleco wafers, but he prefers shrimp pellets and flakes fed to the other fish. This guy has an interesting prehistoric reptilian appearance with alligator textured skin. He is the most inactive fish I own, but has a sweet mellow vibe. (Those white specks on him are sand, not some awful infection)

20230819_195954.jpg

This is Queen Cersie , she is a 18" sailfin pleco, I believe, she lives under a large peice if Mupani wood. she isn't afraid of the light.
she has grown up with 2 Oscar's. they get along great for the most part. it's entertaining to watch them play tag. but not so when the Oscars are spawning and the she has her way with the eggs. Poor Oscar's can't do nothing about it. Her favorite thing to eat is freeze dried brine shrimp off the surface. crazy I know but there is something in the Florida water. oh, she also has 6 silver dollars for pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back