[VIDEO] Can anybody help and tell me what I need to do?

Brown hair algy type stuff in my new roma fishless tank.

5-6 hours light, 6 hours co2

Algae is due to imbalance in nutrients and light.
Too much Co2 can cause algae too much phosphate or nitrates will contribute to algae.
Even though one doesnt have live stock doing a water change can still be beneficial to the plants as doing the water changes takes out excess nutrients that can contribute to algae.
Do a large water change try adjusting the CO2 if plants arent using all the CO2 the algae will.
What kind of lights do you have, kelvin, lumens, watts, ect...
If lights arent strong enough to drive growth the excess nutrients will be used by algae.
If lights are too bright than algae will use excess light though your tank from the vid doesnt look overly bright.
But yeah im guessing CO2 is the culprit.

So too much c02? And more water changes. Should I remove all the plants affected?
If you can trim the leaves off instead of removing the plant then that would be optimal.
Id also suggest getting some algae eating snails nerite snails will eat hair algae. Amano shrimp also will eat it.
Though depending on what fish youll have they can be snacks. Some fish like mollies and flag fish will pick at hair algae but getting a fish just to eat algae is never a good solution.
Figure out the balance of your CO2 and other nutrients and yes do weekly water changes.

Figure out the balance?

Any suggestions? Currently.

6 hours light
7 hours co2
fertz once a week.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back