VERY still

My guppy's first batch were premature they were alive but super super tiny. However you read on this forum of many many successful first time batches.

From what you've described it simply cannot be long before she drops. Watch out for her getting smaller, you may well notice that before the fry, if the tank is planted or with decorations they are very good at hiding.

the problem with putting fish in breeders is they get frightened and poop a lot. when theyre done they pollute their net or cage and they become skinny again.

So you dont recomend putting in a net them. She has been so still in between the plants all day, she's got to drop today or tonight! I dont think i should move her

One of my platies just had a batch of....wait for it..... 2 fry. (don't know how many she had but it may have been eaten by some of the other tank mates).

This is the third drop by my platy and I can't seem to time the drop correctly!

i count forward 28 days from when I notice fry in the tank and I still can't tell. I suppose just keep your eye open and watch out for fry getting sucked up the filter.

This is the longest birth ever!
well actually she hasnt given birth yet, she's confusing me. She stays very still and then all of a sudden she darts around so quick, little movements. Looks like she's fitting -_-
Anyway just thought i'd update you on how she is doing. Still no babies yet :(

Lol.. clover, you remind me of the dads waiting outside the deliver room in those old movies. Pacing back and forth, waiting for it to happen. I'd counsel patience, but since I'm never patient myself, I can't bring myself to do it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, though, that it happens soon.

Do you have babies yet? Try doing a water change. I hear that can encourage a mamma to have babies. Also, feedher some good fish food like dried shrimp or blood worms.

Ok i'm back from my weekend away. The first thing i did when i walked through the front door was run to my fish tank to look for babies! None :( She looks skinny though her gravid spot hasnt gone. Confused again! I'll continue to watch her progress and keep u updated. I hope she didnt eat all the babies, there are plants in the tank so they would have had places to hide. Oh well fingers crossed.

dont like to say it....but i told you so! jk, did you find a lot of poop around her? it happens to me a lot :unsure: if you really are curious and must see if theyre babies, then lift the plants. fry hide VERY well

I got a newborn Platy around 3 months old from my friend once, and she got pregnant within my tank.

It was her first batch and it took about 35 days, way over what it should take.

Birth canal is sticking out again! no poop and gravid spot is black, it stretches all the way to her birth canal too :D good sign i hope.

Most reactions

Back