VERY still

emgclover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok Some of you may have heard about my heavily pregnant guppy named Jet (her tail is jet black!) anyway, i moved her into a breeding tank a while ago because i want to save the fry. Her gravid spot is large and extreemly(sp) black. I can even see some fry in her belly! I'm a little concerned though as she is inbetween the plants now hardly moving at all. She came up this morning when i feed her but now she is back hiding in the plants again still not moving very much. Should i be concerned or am i just worrying about nothing?
Please help.

she minght abourt if u move her 2 close 2 the droping time, i moved mine after her 4th baby came out. all of them lived, but the mama died, dont know if it was my falut because her tail looked like it had dropsy but it didnt sped and maybe there wasnt air in the water she had, but id wait till she delieverd if u want the babys, not sure if its good 4 her though...

ok, bit of an update! the tube thing where her poop comes out looks like it does when poop comes out but no sign of poop! am i right in saying thats a good sign? :D

I just dont know whats going on :huh: All yesterday she was showing all signs and yet no babies overnight. She is still showing the signs today but surely she should be taking this long!

Yes i have a feeling this is her first bunch of babies!
she has not had babies with me yet and as there were no males in the tank i bought her in i asume that this is her first drop.
what shall i look out for?

Most reactions

Back