Very Rare Livebearers For Sale On Ebay

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helterskelter

Livebearer Specilest
Reaction score
Dave McAlister collects many liveberarers him self, traveling all over centeral America (lucky for some) but I've just noticed he's got some very rare swordtails on e-bay, these are not what your get in shops and this man is one of the best keepers in the UK!!!!!

Let us know if anyone here get any ;)

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZbirchmani

i wondered where maidenhead aquactics (harlestone heath)were getting these from.

they are some on wholesale lists now and then but rarely, what was there then gill?

Thanks for the link Helter Skelter - I won the Xiphophorus pygmaeus yesterday and got them this morning. Lovely little fish, settling in nicely.

Their good fun little fish them, difficult to get fry from at first but the soon they will flock breed.

Their good fun little fish them, difficult to get fry from at first but the soon they will flock breed.

I have one of the Xiphophorus alvarezi yellow fish, identical in to the one pictured, had no trouble breeding from him, i'll try & get some pictures later of him and the babies (about 6 months old now)

Where did you get it?
If it's a shop fish then it's not X. alvarezi these are very rare fish, what you will have is a common swordtail that been breed for the other colours, that are however not found in the wild like this (unless their cultivated and been released).

Where did you get it?
If it's a shop fish then it's not X. alvarezi these are very rare fish, what you will have is a common swordtail that been breed for the other colours, that are however not found in the wild like this (unless their cultivated and been released).

Ive just taken a photo of mine, just got to figure out how i post it on here, only joined the site today so bear with me ( given up trying the photo size is only 49.7 KB but it wont upload?)

Ive added it as my avatar for now until i can figure out how to post a photo, looks the same as the one on ebay to me but i guess your the experts.

I bought mine from a shop called Shirely Aquatics

good news helter, won the

xiphophorus xiphidium one spot

and

Xiphophorus alvarezi yellow

and just down the road from you too lol

Where did you get it?

Ive just taken a photo of mine, just got to figure out how i post it on here, only joined the site today so bear with me ( given up trying the photo size is only 49.7 KB but it wont upload?)

Ive added it as my avatar for now until i can figure out how to post a photo, looks the same as the one on ebay to me but i guess your the experts.

I bought mine from a shop called Shirely Aquatics

Thats ok, yes it will be a common sword (Xiphophorus helleri) but these are stunning colours but not from wild stock, they have been breed for many years to get other colours as the natural colour is green with these swords.

Good to see your taking a keen interest in your fish though.

thats different for them, any idea which type, their 3 main types, 1 stop, 2 spot and the crescent,

The look silular to this on the wrist of the tail 1 spot = o 2 spot = : and crescent = )

if u under stand what i mean

their nice but it best are the 2 spot's, you get some stunning blue's on all of them.

Xiphidium are cracking fish; I have the one spot variety (known as caudal peduncular spot in the US). I find that the alpha males are very beautiful, strikingly patterned fish whilst the other males are a little bit more drab. They are easy to keep and easy to breed, lovely fish.

I also have quite a few of the Xiphophorus species; alvarezi, birchmanni, clemenciae, continens, couchianus, helleri, kalmanni, mayae, montezumae, multilineatus, nigrensis, variatus and xiphidium.

I also hope to collect some of the signum, helleri and maculatus in Guatemala later this year and some mixei and monticolos in Mexico next time I go.

If anyone goes to Texas, then you should definitely go to the Xiphophorus stock centre, a must for anyone interested in Swordtails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back