venezeulan cory

northpaul

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have bought a venezeulan cory cant find any information any help would be welcome its got a dark body with reddy brown dorsal and tail fin

I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Venezuelan Cory is a colour varient of Corydoras aeneus

If you look up c.aeneus, the care, habits and details will be the same.

However, are you sure that yours is a Venezuelan? The description doesn't sound right to me.
Does it have any spots or stripes? What colour is the body?

Can you give us a photo?

the body is charcole coloured no stripes or spots slightly smaller than my bronze and albino venezeulan cory is what my dealer told me

northpaul said:
the body is charcole coloured no stripes or spots slightly smaller than my bronze and albino venezeulan cory is what my dealer told me
Ah, there's the proof then. Both the bronze and albino cories are variants of c.aeneus

Hi northpaul :)

I wouldn't worry about that happening. Since they are actually of different species, it's not likely. (The bronze and albino could though, since they are the same species, just different colors.)

If you want to try to breed them, and have to get them when they are young, your best bet is to get a small group of them so you have corys of both sexes when they mature.

Most reactions

Back