Vampire Pleco

Wannaknowaboutsand

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw this at a Petsmart. I wish I had a pic, but it was very dark black with bright white spots on it. Funny as it was black and white, but so vividly so!!

Anyone know about these or there scientific name?

Leporacanthicus galaxias also known as Galaxy Pleco, L007, L029, Tusken Pleco and Vampire Pleco. They reach between 8-10" requiring bogwood and plenty of hiding places like most plecs, nice fish.

There are diff. kind of vampire plecos. Some of them are small, but still need space, some of them are "huge" and definitely need large tank - or they will be evil to everyone in that tank. Some of them need well flowing water and warm. pH is around 5,5-6,5. It totally depends on which fish we are talking about - there are at least ten diff. kind of vampires.

Ryan said:
Leporacanthicus galaxias also known as Galaxy Pleco, L007, L029, Tusken Pleco and Vampire Pleco. They reach between 8-10"

L7 has dull muzzle unlike L29 has longer muzzle and its spots are yellowish. Max size for L7 is about 13".

mrV said:
There are diff. kind of vampire plecos. Some of them are small, but still need space, some of them are "huge" and definitely need large tank - or they will be evil to everyone in that tank. Some of them need well flowing water and warm. pH is around 5,5-6,5. It totally depends on which fish we are talking about - there are at least ten diff. kind of vampires.

Ryan said:
Leporacanthicus galaxias also known as Galaxy Pleco, L007, L029, Tusken Pleco and Vampire Pleco. They reach between 8-10"

L7 has dull muzzle unlike L29 has longer muzzle and its spots are yellowish. Max size for L7 is about 13".
In most lfs I have found that all of these fish will come under the common name of Vampire Plec, without more information from the poster all I could give was a general over view.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back