Value of Ich treatments

The medicine is designed to kill parasites, it should work on external parasites :nod:

Ich is an internal parasite whose larvae bury under a fish's scales, causing white dots to appear on the outside of the fish. Ich medicines only kill the free swimming stage of ich, that's why they take so long to cure the fish. The free swimming parasites are desroyed by the treatment until there are no more to infest the fish, or until there are so little that they have no apparent affect :)

Thanks much, I have these small little worms still as well as the white mucus looking stuff that collects bubbles that I believe is an external parasite. I used one treatment of Paragon as it said it could help with these sorts of things, but I only had one treatment and live a ways from a place where I can get any, so I may try ich treatment on the tank, any other thougths would be appreciated.

BTW, I have both Quick Cure, which says it treats ick and other parasites, and Maracide which has a similar description. Which have more had success with in getting rid of mucus type of stuff?

Most reactions

Back