Vacation Feeders

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

z06vette387

Reaction score
i am thinking about getting the white vacation feeder tablets for when I go home from college for breaks such as spring break are they any good? I have some tetras and some catfish.

No, they are not good. They are usually plaster based, and foul your water. Adult fish can go without food for two weeks if they are healthy.

the easiest thing to do is to get one of those medicine weekly planners, that has the morning and afternoon, and have a friend dum one section of food (you fill) into your tank each day, and put your lighs on a timer.

the easiest thing to do is to get one of those medicine weekly planners, that has the morning and afternoon, and have a friend dum one section of food (you fill) into your tank each day, and put your lighs on a timer.

that is a great idea. i am mainly concerned with Spring Break though, niether myself or my roommate will be here.

Does anyone know exactly how vacation feeders work especially the tetra brand....I have never had to use vacation feeders.....Do you just place them inside the tank and it will release food once in a while....What stops the fish from eating the whole packet??? Its like a newb q. but i was just curious.

the new tetra one, as linked above, is a gel packed with food.
basicaly you drop it in and the fish peck at it when they are hungray.
it does not disovle or decay, only breaks up when the fish peck it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back