Useless Kit

Netherways

Reaction score
Come on... 'Fess up!

We've all done it, it happens in all hobbies but for some reason ours seems to be one of the worst. You are just passing your local Fish store and you think "Ah, I'll just have a pop in for a chat and a browse, not going to buy anything though!" And the next thing you know you walk out with a car full of new Kit!

After a trip to my local aquatic suppliers today I found myself £48.73 lighter in the pocket when I had only gone in to buy a £3.99 bottle of Ammo-Lock and came out with a new master test kit, a new net (Cuz the colour is nicer than my old one?! :dunno: ) several bottles of "just in case" items and other assorted money wasters....you know the worst bit? I felt totally satisfied and pleased with myself for having bought all this Cr*p!

So come on...time for your most useless purchases..

The floor is yours.....

Alex

Mission: to pop into the lfs to have a chat and stock up on live bloodworm.

Result: Leaving the shop £200 lighter with a Juwel Rio 180.
..forgot the bloodworm though.

went in to LOOK at some livebearers, namely guppies at the time (the lfs had a great color selection), walked out without any fish but instead a 20 gal and two 5 gal tanks, because they were on clearance (hey $25 for a 20 gal with hood was't too bad, and while the 5 gal were hoodless, they were only $5 each, how could i resist??). not that i had any plans for new tanks at that point of course.... they all sat empty for a few months until i figured out what to put in them. i'm also known for walking in to buy flake or get crickets for my lizards, i pass the betta mutts, and end up finding a unique color one, and of course, bring it home.........lol

It's when I purchase another container of fish food when I already have 12 dry (not including 3 free fom Hikari) & 3 frozen. :blush:
I guess variety is the spice of life. :lol:

took my mum and dad to our fav lfs to get her a few fish for her birthday (to re-egnight their fish keeping flame)

It worked! and we ended up spending nearly £60 on my mum for bits and peices (£40 on fish)

Whent to a state fair to win a big stuffed bear for G/F won a gold fish insted and have spent over $10,000 on fish stuff since. But most recent spent $11 on a clown loach and then swiched tank to sand now I want snails and stuck with a snail vac.

Well the load of cr*p u lot got is loads more than wot i could ever get.

My advice is go in wit cash and nutin more no cards nutin that u can spend just have enough to get wot u need.

I've made mistakes b4 but most of them were usefull. the problem i have is i don't have the money and so even if i could spend the lot i'd only have about £20 at the most.

my stupidest purchase was of two, one and a half foot bubble stones last year becuase i thought it would be cool but then i got a ug filter. lol

He says

"only take the required amount of cash and nothing more, to avoid spending more than you mean to".

Went in to get a $35.00 oil change on my 02 F-150 and came home $35,000.00 lighter in the check book.

4516-6816-101601.jpg

Oh, was this supposed to be limited to fish? I tried to put this one in my 10 gallon tank, but it would NOT fit. Go figure?

4516-6688-100155.jpg

Most reactions

Back