Upside Down Catfish Questions- Eating Plants And He's Not Upside D

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StaniFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have an upside down catfish, he is doing very well in the tank and i have had him for a long time, however i haven't seen him upside down at all, he jus sucks on the glass near the filter all day until i turn off the light and i occasionally see him exploring the tank while the lights turned off. Is this normal or is he shy? Also, will he eat live plants because i bought some and in days they had turned brownish and been torn to bits. The plants may have died in the water anyway but was it him who killed it by destroying the leaves? Its a 55 litre, 11 gallon tank! I am not supplementing his diet although he gets brine shrimp occasionally!

It may not actually be an upside down cat. Often times I've seen cats listed as upside down, but they aren't. Post a pic so we can tell for sure.

-Darke

i bought an upside down catfish and i had the same thing as you it was shy didnt go upside down and would only come out at night. it turned out it was a featherfin syno!!!

Alot of my Featherfins swim upside down....just not all the time. All synos will occassionally swim upside-down, just some more than others.
I've yet to come across a syno that will suck at the glass tho.
P.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back