Unusual bettas...?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Reaction score
I was generally researching some fish earlier on and i stumbled across these bettas called "betta enisae"'s; they look very wild and simple but very beutiful looking- my type of betta :) . I was wondering wether you guys have ever heard of them and would know my chances of getting some living in England, and how i would go about getting some :thumbs:
Any other info you can give me would be realy useful- i am not attempting to ever breed any bettas, they would be pets/companions only.
Thankyou for your time :)

they come from indonesia very much harder fish to keep they require soft water and ph of 5.5-6 they are mouth brooders althought you said you were not breeding and require a lot of space you could try the AAGB............. :whistle:

the red eyes are pretty cool... and the blue design on the fins are pretty cool too. Now I want one of those!!!

as your first wild betta or mouth brooder, as i am assuming, i suggest that you start out with something simpler and easier to keep yet just as beautiful.
for a small size you could try b. Simplex(gorgeous fish i have a pair), betta falx(i have a pair of these coming in a week or two), betta picta, betta sp kappuas.
for a larger easy to keep mouth brooder i would go with betta unimaculata which unfortunately get up to 4 inches or more, i almost got a pair of these but did not have the space to maintain them.
for more info i would suggest the ibc-smp(www.ibc-smp.org)try contacting some american breeders such as Victorea Earnest(simplex, picta, kappuas, falx), or Yohan Fernando(unimaculata many others including enisae i think) they maybe able to ship to England and both are very nice people.

hope i helped :thumbs:

Thanks for the info- are wild bettas that much difficult to keep than normal/captivity bred ones? are they alot less hardy and more specific about the conditions they should be kept in like ph?
A long time ago i used to have a male and female VT bettas but i lost them after about 6months due to internal bacteria, but in the last 4months i have begun researching bettas again and have plans for getting at least 2, preferably one saved from some terible conditions and the other i want to buy to be a more rare breed type of betta in good condition- im just one of these people though who spends months researching before i ever get around to getting a new fish.

yes they are alot more picky about water conditions and food sometimes. my first pair of imbellis babies died and i read later that it was most likely because i changed too much of the water at a time. if it is your first wild type i would suggest that you go with a bubblenester such as imbellis just to see what its like, but if you go for mouthbrooders deffinately try one of the ones that are easier to keep.

Most reactions

Back