Unknown illness

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

discusmary

Reaction score
Could someone help my fish! I have found that one of my red barbs has went a bit squint. He is almost bent in the middle the back end is almost like it is paralysed. Does any one know what this is. To make this situation worse I think that I have this problem in my second tank. One of my red eyed swordtails has the same symptoms. I very bad way to learn the importance of sterlising equipment. Can anyone let know what they think. Very much appreciated. :)

My glass catfish just became bent a few days ago and today he died. :-( I didn't know what it was from because the water paramaters were fine. No ammonia, no nitrite, and 10 nitrate since I just did a 50% water change and gravel vac. :no: I hope someone can tell you what it is.

there are many reasons for a crooked spine;
crooked spines typically are signs that either the fish didn't get the proper minerals/nutrients during it's development, or that it's a genetic birth defect. Both of these scenarios are not fixable

the worse can scenaro is TB which is fatal, highly contagious and an be transmitted to humans. If this is the case euthninasia is he best corse of action. Also read as many articles on fish TB as you can to help protect yourself and the rest of your fish.

Most reactions

Back