Unexplained sudden angelfish disease

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I used a liquid Levamisole but it was years ago and I don't have my bottles with the instructions for use.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but thought it was better than starting a new one.

Finally got some prazi-pro and was wondering about how to use it. The instructions say that after a large water change, to dose one teaspoon per twenty gallons. The instructions say that one treatment for 5-7 days should be enough and to wait 3 days before redosing.

I was thinking of doing this:
Friday - weekly 70% water change and then macro dose of ferts.
Saturday - micro dose of ferts
Sunday - Prazi-pro dose

Repeat this process for three weeks.
Does this plan sound OK?

If you are treating the fish for tapeworm or gill flukes, you do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate 24-48 hours after treating them. Retreat the tank once a week for 3-4 weeks to kill any baby worms that hatch in the fish.

If you do water changes on Friday, then treat the tank on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, then do a big (75-90%) water change and gravel clean on Friday. The gravel clean is to suck up any worm eggs or bits of tapeworm that have settled on the bottom.

Remove carbon from filter before treating otherwise it will remove the medication from the water.

Praziquantel only treats tapeworm and gill flukes. It does not treat round/ thread worms.

Most reactions

Back