Uk Foods

can any body tell me why i have had a post on here deleted on this thread ??????
Are you mixing this thread up with the Thorntons chocolate thread?

Arfie ;)

I don't see anything that might have been removed either. If it isn't the one about chocolate, let us know. Perhaps it didn't actually get posted when you clicked "Add Reply."

_____

I've seen Marmite in the supermarket, but would have missed it completely if not for reading about it on the forum. I haven't tried it because it sounds too much like a small furry animal.

Inch, go and get the marmite, you'll either make a new friend for life or have to chuck it out, it's a small price to pay if you like it. I could live on it. Marmite on toast :)

International swap-a-rama - I also would like to score a Jiffypop - my five year old would LOVE to help make one of them. The first one I did scared the life out of me, I thought it was going to explode, I gave it to Dan to finish and went to watch from round the corner just in case :lol:

The only other thing we really miss that you can't get here are cans of unbaked biscuits, but since they are refrigerated and under pressure, they explode on the plane if you post them (sorry about that British Airways), so we can't have those sent over. Might cause a Nationwide terror alert.

Jiffypop and mac and cheese...very easily obtainable!

Inch, go and get the marmite, you'll either make a new friend for life or have to chuck it out, it's a small price to pay if you like it. I could live on it. Marmite on toast :)

Yup butter and Marmite on toast is luvly. So many people don't like it but I love it, its good for you too.

I haven't tried it because it sounds too much like a small furry animal.

That was my first thought when I read it :lol:

What about chocolate bars? Or candy bars? Not sure what you guys would call them ????

My favorites are these...I'll describe them, in case you don't know what the heck I'm talking about :X

Big Turk (chocolate covered soft jubejube)
Crunchie (chocolate covered sponge toffee)
Wonderbar (crispy peanut butter, caramel covered in chocolate)
Aero (bubbly chocolate)
Coffee Crisp (wafers and coffee flavor? lol)

Can't think of anymore right now :/ Too early in the morning for me lol (it's 6:40am) ugh.

Ermm don't want to be picky or anything :p , but I'll think you'll find crunchies are chocolate covered honeycomb :drool: .. unless they're made differently over the pond.

I dunno about made different...but it's called sponge toffee here ???? Probably the same thing :lol:

We do. Yummy stuff...kind of tastes like burnt sugar to me, though lol

It is, pretty much. Just sugar and a raising agent.

I don't really think there are any UK specific chocolate bars, things like Double Decker, Boost, Lion Bar, etc. are probably the most exciting. It seems Reese's Cups are getting fairly popular too, we bought a big box at Makro :)

I believe we have a bigger selection of other sweets though, things like pear drops, sherbert pips, Fruit Salad, white mice and so on.

It is, pretty much. Just sugar and a raising agent.

I don't really think there are any UK specific chocolate bars, things like Double Decker, Boost, Lion Bar, etc. are probably the most exciting. It seems Reese's Cups are getting fairly popular too, we bought a big box at Makro :)

I believe we have a bigger selection of other sweets though, things like pear drops, sherbert pips, Fruit Salad, white mice and so on.

The only thing I understood there was Reese's Cups :lol:

just thought I'd comment about the international shipping of foodstuffs.
it is extremely hard to send food to America (I'm assuming Canada will have the same or similar restrictions).
I sold on ebay a chocolate edition monopoly and a biscuit edition. both were purchased by Americans,
when trying to post them I was informed that I needed prior permission from the FDA, or they would be destroyed on arrival.
when trying to find the relevant section of the FDAs' site it seemed that as a non American I couldn't apply for the permission.
I emailed the buyers and neither of them could find the relevant forms or get pre approved, so in short neither buyer was able to recieve the goods.

just thought you guys may like to check if you can post foodstuffs to America/Canada before going down that road.

Most reactions

Back