UK ACFs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Samage

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
:D My lovely albino ACF, Pinky has begun to sing! :D

Which shows that, he is in fact a male and if I'm not mistaken is ready to mate.

However, here in England finding him a mate COULD be tricky. The only places that sell ACFs only stock Albinos and they're very very small. I need to find a female who is preferably "coloured" rather than Albino (for variety's sake) and is big enough to mate with Pinky, who is 2" squatted length.

Does anyone know where I could get a 3" female in the UK? :crazy:

Pinky's getting lonely :sad:

And yes, I am aware of the consequences of getting him a mate....the swishing of tiny flippers would soon be heard...

My LFS in Ipswich has 'natural' coloured froggies, but their body length is only about 2cm.

And it's a long way to come if you're not sure.

My lovely albino ACF, Pinky has begun to sing!

Which shows that, he is in fact a male and if I'm not mistaken is ready to mate.

I'm in the same predicament. I thought my ACF was a girl,then all the sudden almost overnight he got his dirty hands and started to sing. I need a female too,but they don't offer larger sized frogs and I have to GUESS yet again and hope I get a female. :crazy: And oh yea,singing means mating time. lol

My lovely albino ACF, Pinky has begun to sing!

I'm in the same predicament. I thought my ACF was a girl,then all the sudden almost overnight he got his dirty hands and started to sing. I need a female too,but they don't offer larger sized frogs and I have to GUESS yet again and hope I get a female. :crazy: And oh yea,singing means mating time. lol
i dont know sorry

actually, no. singing does not mean mating time.

it means, yes, that he is entering sexual maturity, but that does not mean that he is physically ready to mate.

for the health of the frogs and resulting tadpoles, your frog should be at least 12-18 months prior to mating attempts.

also, they can have hundreds of tadpoles - make sure you have the tank space, knowledge, experience (you realized it was a male because it started singing - experience would teach you how to identify genders even in young, non-sexually mature froglets even when they are under 1.5" long.), money, and homes ready for the hundreds of frogs you will make yourself responsible for.

God I hate Acronyms so much.... they always start to increase in number on internet forums... just like sand people..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back