Type Of Gourami?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

polcat

Reaction score
I'm not sure what type of Gourami this is. Any help would be great. I got the tank from my brother-in-law, there is a Gourami(about 6 in), a severum(I think) who is about 6 in, a firemouth about 4 in, a spotted cat who is about 4 in. Plus, a Danio(there were 2 but one was eaten). I dont think these fish are supposed to be together, but except for a few scraps here and there seem to get along okay. pics are not that great sorry.
Actually, I can't get the pics on here at all. Any help with that would be appreciated. Gourami is all pink, with rounded fins all around.

Try making a photo bucket account at photobucket.com and it is easy to do and you can just put a direct link to the pic in the post. That is how I do it cause I couldn't figure out how to add pics eigther.

Thats a baby golden Osphronemus :blink:
These are not known as giant goramy without reason.

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
o mannn!!!!!!!!!!
you have the same type of gourami i have and the same color
your the first person i have ever seen who has the same color
you have a very special gourami
would you be willing to sell your because i want another one? :hey: :hey: :hey:

Thats a baby golden Osphronemus :blink:
These are not known as giant goramy without reason.

well of course they are known as giant gourami, they get big

Well I hope you've got a big tank, giant gouramis get to around 16''.

The danio will probably be eaten or killed by the firemouth or severum.

What size tank do you have?

hahhaahahaha 16"??????????? :lol:
is that a joke?
no way dude
they can get to 30"
mine is about 9 to 10 months old now and it is already 13-14" including fins
i dont even stuff my fish with food either
i give it enough to be satisfied and it is still huge
you must have looked up the wrong giant gourami
this is a osphronemus dude no way it will be 16" although i wish it can stay that size so i wont need to get a new tank later on :lol: :lol: :lol:

30'' eh

Well theres one at a lfs that they've had for years and it's only about 16''.. maybe it was stunted.. or some other type of giant gourami? I'm not sure, my bad.

My tank is a 55. This fish is well over 3 years old, probably more like 5. He's 6 inches long.

are you kidding me dude?
your fish looks the same as mine when i got it and it was about the same size when i got it, maybe even a little bit smaller
its probably not a osphronemus then
you probably have one of those ummm supposely "giant" gourami :lol:
even though its small you still have an awesome fish
i wish mine could be around that size because its getting too big for my 130 gal

Yeah he's at least 5yrs old. My bro-in-law had him for 2, and I've had him for 3. How long of a life span on these guys?

Someone's been nipping at his fins, I think it may be the firemouth, the severum kind of stays to himself. The sev and the gourami are about the same size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back