Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Try for the "blackwater" look

Discussion in 'Freshwater Journals' started by Demeter32, Oct 29, 2016.

1. NickAu

NickAu Member

Sorry to hear that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

Still haven't seen my little calico BN, I think she's gone for good :( I have a few pictures of both the BN from when I added a ceramic cave in hopes they would spawn in it. They actually flirted for a while before the calico dissappeared. Now that she's gone the male has been digging a pit right under the heater. That doesn't go well in a dirted tank...
    IMG_2024.JPG IMG_2035.JPG IMG_2042.JPG

The girls are having problems trying to re-ascertain a pecking order. No one is safe so I'm debating on jaring them all for a while and then releasing everyone so they can sort things out in one go. Over Christmas break I should be able to watch them during the day time and possibly separate the overly aggressive ones. I might even try adding the evil plakat back in whom is residing in a 36gal.

I was able to go fish shopping yesterday and came home with 2 buddies for the lone upside down catfish and a little red double tail. She's a tiny thing that was in a tank with other females and some platties, so her fins are a bit tattered and she's on the thin side. No pictures yet of the betta but for now I have her floating in a mason jar. She and the plakat have been flaring at each other off and on, hopefully that stops.

I though the lone catfish would appreciate some buddies, they are supposed to be shaoling fish but apparently it's been guarding the piece of driftwood. Doesn't seem to want anything to do with these two. I'll give it a few weeks and see how they are getting alone then.
    new USD cats 12-8-17.JPG
    Here's a pic of Yuri, just because I was finally able to get her to hold still for a moment.
    IMG_2044.JPG

• Like Like x 2