The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There are a lot of species you can comfortably hold in a 120 gal tank.

The fish species Saw mentions are real nice, but some of those I would not really suggest for a new fish keeper as can be tricky to look after properly.

Ninjouzata has some really good suggestions and do take her advice about cycling your tank first before adding any stocking.

I'd suggest you have a look and note what fish in your LFS and see whats available as sometimes some suggestions can be hard or expensive to find.

Then post on here the species you like then we can advise accordingly.

I can give you lots of suggestions but there are a lot of species of FW, Cold water, temperate, SW and Brackish fish species, basically the question is like "how long is a piece of string?", so if you can give us ideas, then we can take it from there
smile.png

Edit - forgot to ask, what water do you have, soft or hard (gH & kH readings would help if you can find that or ask LFS to test for you) and pH as well, this all helps in determining what is suitable for your water type.

Woops sorry i wouldve went into more detail on certain fish, but forgot you were a beginner my bad, so i wouldnt get the nandus nandus, ele nose, african knife, peacock and yellow tail eel, and more or less the african bushfish.

Thats why i said if you like them i can tell you what species are right haha, some need a 55* i say 75 gallon minimum or some need a 300 gallon minimum, all upper jaw species. Some good ones for your tank are as follows...
Polypterus delhezi
Polypterus senegalus albino/normal
polypterus retropinnis
polypterus palmas palmas
polypterus palmas polli
polypterus buettforiki
polypterus mokemeble
May have missed one but all these stay small enough for your tank and all of them are quite easy to feed. These guys range from 9"-16" i would say. O and ropefish they get very long but are quite slender, if you buy these get 2+ as they are very social.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back