"Tropica" Rock with Moss Attached Warning

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 149562

Although I have already done a thread in the BN section, I thought I should repeat the information here in the planted section to bring awareness of a potential safety issue with a preprepared rock with moss by Tropica.

This morning I found one of my female BN's snared in extremely fine mesh that was attaching moss to a lump of rock. I had bought the rock with moss already attached a few weeks ago and til this morning all had been absolutely fine.

The mesh had somehow come off the rock and my BN was completely knotted and snared by it leading to serious injuries and despite trying to get the mesh off her, I was left with no choice but to euthanise her.

So if you have bought or are thinking of buying preprepared rock or any moss covered ornament, rock or hide for your aquarium PLEASE check that if mesh or twine that was used is securely fixed to the item before introducing it to your aquarium.

It was absolutely heartbreaking trying to free my BN this morning and then having to euthanise her. I would not want anyone else to have to go through this.

The photos below.....one is a 4x zoom close up of the mesh and the other is of the rock, moss and mesh, you can clearly see that the mesh is virtually microscopic and potentially dangerous to fish, especially if like my BN, they like to graze on the moss.

PLEASE be very careful. I learned the danger the hard way.

IMG_20220327_123553_resized_20220327_123716644.jpg

IMG_20220327_123608_resized_20220327_123716224.jpg

I have contacted my supplier to warn them that there is a quality control issue with this particular rock/moss combination.

Most reactions

Back