Tropica Plants

Underwurlde

Always look on the bright side of life..
Reaction score
I like the range of plants offered by Tropica. But where can I get them from on-line?

I do not like buying plants from LFS's because they are usually in very poor condition, over-priced and covered in God damned snails & their eggs.

Or, if anyone knows of a good LFS to get them from without the aforementioned problems.

Gratefully yours,

Andy

ialways go to aquaessentials for tropica plants but they dont stock during summertime so i then buy from www.birstall.co.uk

Thanks!

Q) Are you saying that birstall supply Tropica plants?

I wonder if Aquaessentials know how much of a PITA it is them not selling plants!

Cheers,

Andy

Oh my god I thought I was going insane! I was scouring the aquaessentials website for plants, thinking where the hell are they!!! So why don't they stock plants in summer?

ae dont stock plants know (summer/winter)theres birstall like said and another one (sorry carnt remember will have a look tonight)

Oh my god I thought I was going insane! I was scouring the aquaessentials website for plants, thinking where the hell are they!!! So why don't they stock plants in summer?
i believe they dont fully submerge the plants in water and in the summer (warmer months) its too dry meaning the plants die off etc im sure someone will comfirmchris

ae dont stock plants know (summer/winter)theres birstall like said and another one (sorry carnt remember will have a look tonight)

i believe they dont fully submerge the plants in water and in the summer (warmer months) its too dry meaning the plants die off etc im sure someone will comfirmchris

Birstall are very good. They arrive on a thursday and i only live around the corner so i go straigh there after work to pick them up.

I have a great LFS up the road which supplies Tropica plants, but i dont suppose you want to travel all the way up here?....................

I like the range of plants offered by Tropica. But where can I get them from on-line?

I do not like buying plants from LFS's because they are usually in very poor condition, over-priced and covered in God damned snails & their eggs.

Or, if anyone knows of a good LFS to get them from without the aforementioned problems.

Gratefully yours,

Andy

i got mine from ebay was well impressed with them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50-LIVE-TROPICAL-FIS...1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Dobbies Garden Centre stocks Tropica plants, although not a good selection as you can imagine.

It's mainly Echinodorus and such like. I think they must buy a selection box from Tropica and then split them up and sell them individually.

It's maybe a good place to start if you can't find anywhere else. Don't know if thats any help?

Great replies so far everyone, keep them coming. :good:

I am (well, perhaps not, living in Britain) a little surprised at the lack of good aquatic plant suppliers! The LFS's in my area / garden centres do sell a small variety, but the samples they have, like I said above, are pathetic....

Wierd!

Andy.

My local Dobies Garden World has a large selection of Tropica Plants and Planted Wood and Stones.

Thinking about this - The tropica web site has a whole list of stores that 'sell Tropica Plants' for locations all over the world.

But this is no indication of selection or quality: I know my LFS is one of these places and is rubbish

This is why...
a.) I don't want to waste time getting into a car, driving miles to listed store, just to find that they are just as crappy and haven't got half the plants I want.
b.) Would much rather just select all I want on-line.

But I am coming up blank in both cases! Like I said, weird....

Andy

Thinking about this - The tropica web site has a whole list of stores that 'sell Tropica Plants' for locations all over the world.

But this is no indication of selection or quality: I know my LFS is one of these places and is rubbish

This is why...
a.) I don't want to waste time getting into a car, driving miles to listed store, just to find that they are just as crappy and haven't got half the plants I want.b.) Would much rather just select all I want on-line.

But I am coming up blank in both cases! Like I said, weird....

Andy

tell me about it i got a list (from there website) of fish shops etc. i went to about 4 i was driving for about 1hour 30 mins to the shops and another 1 hour 30 mins back and discoverd it was a waste of time.

there was a shop selling hc for about £4.50 a pot and when i needed 7 pots it worked out very dear. 1 of the shops was a little pet shop with about 5 tanks of goldfish a few tanks with neons and a 1ft cube of tropica plants :rolleyes: the others where also a waste of time.

o well its been done

chris

Not sure but you can get tropica to send them directly to you. I seem to recall George might have done something similar. However he's got great contacts among the plant world so it might not be open for everyone to do that.

Most reactions

Back