Trigon Island 190

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

thanks mate, you'll not regret buying tweezers and scissors. :good:

At the moment I don't see the need in tweezers and scissors, what's wrong with using your hands? :unsure:

At the moment I don't see the need in tweezers and scissors, what's wrong with using your hands? :unsure:

My tank needs trimming a lot and it's hard to see with short scissors as you need to look from above. I'm hoping I'll be able to view what I'm doing through the glass with the long scissors. The tweezers are gonna come in handy for lots of things including feeding my frogs in the other tank.

In a tank with a high plant mass, it's loads easier to prune and trim with long scissors and tweezers. Plants is so much easier with long tweezers as well. Again, as Jamepsss states, you can always view what you're planting and pruning from the front of the tank rather than guessing from the top.

I am going to stop reading and viewing this thread :lol:
Every time I look at my tank it makes me want to throw it out the window haha

Honestly though cracking tank Ian looks terrific :good:

regards

My tank needs trimming a lot and it's hard to see with short scissors as you need to look from above. I'm hoping I'll be able to view what I'm doing through the glass with the long scissors. The tweezers are gonna come in handy for lots of things including feeding my frogs in the other tank.

In a tank with a high plant mass, it's loads easier to prune and trim with long scissors and tweezers. Plants is so much easier with long tweezers as well. Again, as Jamepsss states, you can always view what you're planting and pruning from the front of the tank rather than guessing from the top.

Oh, I see. I am planning to plant my tank but I'm going to see how it goes without tools such as long scissors and tweezers. They seem pretty expensive at around at least £10 each just for easier pruning. I'll probably buy some one time though, when I have some spare cash. :lol:

hahaha thanks Scot, that's very humbling! Its been a very enjoyable scape to work with.

hahaha thanks Scot, that's very humbling! Its been a very enjoyable scape to work with.

yes i too feel like taking the sledge hammer to my tank, very very jealous hahaha, especially with your argentinians!!!

also for the scissors and tweezers dont you need to prune swords/rossette plants with your hands anyway to do it properly?

thanks Ian! You'll have to turn your spare trigon into a planted tank!

LOL couple of problems with that :lol:

The way my plants turn out I got no chance :no:
The wife :blink:
And I really would like to turn it into a marine tank :good:

I wished I could say that I needed scissors and tweezers for pruning! :lol: Unfortunately until now the only plants I have needed to prune is the cabomba. Hopefully with my new fert. regime growth will speed up a bit...

also for the scissors and tweezers dont you need to prune swords/rossette plants with your hands anyway to do it properly?
A snip right at the base of the crown is just as good. Saves having to move the hardscape to much.

The bain of many a fishkeepers life! lol

Hopefully with my new fert. regime growth will speed up a bit...

Hopefully it should speed it up a tad, you need to get some proper C02, Lu ;)

Right, scape is coming down soon. I will be removing the horrid Juwel backing (which i spent most of this thread trying to cover up. This scape has been entered for the ASW and European aquascaping contest. It has been a great scape to work with, but i have to think forward and the wife and myself have a baby on the way. It's going to be with us in August, all being well. I will then be limited in cash for a while so, it's going to be best to get a re-scape started within the next month. I have a few ideas what i'm going to do. As we all know corners are hard, but i reckon what i have in mind is do-able (hopefully).

Thanks for all your comments on this thread and for those that have helped me with this scape.

Ian

How sad to see Trigon Island go, it will be missed.

Congratulation on the baby though, make sure you introduce him/her to the watery world in a few years! :hyper:

cheers Josh, the other lad is already helping me with water changes. He loves it.

Most reactions

Back