FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'll be traveling in November on United for work, and I need to take my guitar. I've never flown with a guitar before. Technically it's too large to carry on, but I'm a little reluctant to check it for reasons that are probably obvious.
airport-vliegveld.gif

Using_a_debug_handler_with_Sensu_Go.gif

Every time I call the airline and tell them I'm traveling with an acoustic guitar, the person brightens up and informs me happily that I am allowed to bring on a musical instrument as my personal item, as long as it fits under the seat in front of me. This does little to bolster my confidence. :lol: Have these people ever heard of an actual guitar???

I know we have a lot of musicians on here. Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing? I've done a lot of traveling with instruments, but nothing bigger than a bodhran, which I can carry on. Mostly just looking for some reassurance. (and yes, I have heard the songs about United breaking guitars! ha ha)

It's no problem. Saw it in 3 pieces and put it in a fish box. It will go to Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Frankfurt, Beijing, Topeka and New Orleans, before it gets really lost. Then you can say you had a 3 piece combo on an international tour.

Have a UPS store box it up for you using foamed in place filler. Might be expensive though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back