Transporting 2 Bettas

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

swonronson

Reaction score
Hello! In the next month and a half, I will be moving around 8 hours away (more if thereā€™s stops-). I am lucky enough to be able to bring my two bettas, however I am wondering, what would be the best way to transport them? I worry about oxygen and heating, so does anyone have tips? I was thinking about getting insulated boxes and trying to get heat packs, but would that work or would it be too much/not needed?
Iā€™ve also been told I should fast them for a day prior to moving, however would that be necessary? (Iā€™m not opposed, just curious if needed or not.) I also have several shrimp iā€™d be moving as well!!
Iā€™d love for some advice to keep these guys safe and healthy during the move!
Thank you all!

Make sure to put your filter media in water from the tank with an air stone if you are able. Itll help preserve the beneficial bacteria and lessen the chance of starting a cycle all over again. Walmart sells airstones powered by batteries in the sporting goods section. When my power line got hit by a tornado we used the battery operated airstones, each set of batteries lasted about 60hours. If the drive will cause the water temp to drop before 74Ā°F I would say use heat packs, also an air stone for the shrimp

Most reactions

Back