Tiger Shovelnose

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

the zebra shovelnose is the catfish in my videos they are tigrinus and the only type of shovelnose suitable for a home tank as they only gro to about 28-30inch

£200 for a 3-4inch but dont waste you money they are very prone to sudern death at that size i have lost 4 trying to grow them and in the last 2-3yrs must have spent more than £1k

buy a long term captive fish thats 10inch+ to stand a better chance of it doing well

a 10inch tigrinus will cost you about £500

you could buy a jurence which still grow to about 3ft and are sometimes know as the false tigrinus

very nice looking catfish aint they i think ive fallen for them :wub: how big was that one when you got it?

very nice looking catfish aint they i think ive fallen for them :wub: how big was that one when you got it?

that one was about 12inch when i 1st got it and he grew fast up to his size now of about 16inch

on average they grow at about 1inch per month then slow down at about 12inch

dont buy the small ones they just die for no reason

i have had a few small ones that i paid £200 for when i got them they were about 4inch and did great and grew fast to 7inch then dead for no reason

every morning when i get up the 1st thing i do is look to see if the tigrinus is still alive

everyone has one type of fish they have trouble keeping and for me its the tigrinus in the last 7yrs the only fish that has ever died on me is a tigrinus

they are a great fish the best catfish on the planet in my eyes

the one i have now in the video i have had for about 10 months and it was in a shop (the goldfish bowl in oxford) for a bout 10 months before i got it

How about a perruno catfish? top out at about 25" and are fairly peaceful, they are ok with stingrays and will clean up the waste to, they are also very active, mine is 7" and is out every day.
once they get into your feeding routein then they will come up the edge of the glass and you can hand feed them, its pritty cool. ive had mine for 3wks and he is almost confident to hand feed he comes up the glass but thats about it at the moment. hope this helps!!

how much did you pay for your perruno?i have only ever seen one for sale and they wanted £150 for a 12" fish

I seriously doubt that you have a true perruno catfish or anyone here has ever even seen one outside of a book, most experts agree that this fish has most probably never been exported to Europe. The fish that most shops lable as perruno catfish are Leiarius longibarbus (formally L.marmoratus) or sometimes Liearius pictus.

i have seen 2" tsn for £8 is this a good price?i was thinking about maybe growing one out for a while

What are you going to raise it with? Paul MTS raised a TSN for a while, ask him how many fish it ate before he got rid.

Leave the TSNs in the shop, there are loads of decent looking cats that dont grow to monster sizes and wont eat all your stock.

i was thinking of keeping it with my female motoro in the 260g and leaving the male motoro in the 100g so i can feed him up easier but your right guys i wont be getting it im just getting carried away after seeing them so cheap.the lfs said they would take it back but i hate moving big fish anyway thx

Most reactions

Back