tiger barbs

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

SConrad

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Titusville, Florida...WHERE THE SPACE SHUTTLE GOES
i have 6 tiger barbs in my 29 gallon community tank and a few are rather large others arent. my oldest is very large and since i cna get a decent picture of tehm with m crappy camera here is an idea of its width | | thats from lookin at it from head on, now iim not sure if thats acurate it can be confusing but here is a lil clip of a larger tiger barb, do you think they might be pregnant?
the skinny 1 is in the back

Attachments

• fatnskinnyhh001.jpg
    fatnskinnyhh001.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 27
for some reason my comp. wont let me on google or ask jeeves but sry about the quality of that pic, i have another camera but i cant comtrol the flash and it is way too bright, i will keep tryin to get better pics, i was thinkin maby its just fat but its larger than some of the other ones like a female wo;uld be so i was thinkin mabe she could be. how lond ios it before the baies hatch, how do they lay there eggs? will they eat the fry?>

Yeah i agree...looks like she's filling with eggs.

Don't get too excited yet, if you really want to get some babies you need to remove them and breed them in a nother tank. They will drop eggs but then they will eat them if they can find them. You really need another tank to hide the eggs and then remove the barbs after they are done.

I have 13 barbs, and some are filling up with eggs. I have no intention of removing them so any eggs they drop are on their own.

Most reactions

Back