Thought I would introduce myself.

aqib

Reaction score
Hello

I've been in the fish keeping hobby since the age of 13 or possibly even younger. At that age I had gold fishes. Some for 6 to 7 years. As well as recently a shubukins which lived for 5ish years with my 3 other goldfish.

I've just brought 4 Guppies.
1 male
3 female

And 2 black moor
Not sure if they're male or female as I'm not sure how to tell

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Female goldfish are usually fatter and eat more compared to males of the same size. Male goldfish develop small white spots on their gill covers and pectoral (side) fins when they are in breeding condition.

The black moor’s need to be kept with goldfish and the guppies kept in a separate tank. They have separate temp needs and food needs. Actually, the goldies May eat the guppies depending on sizes. I would worry more about the guppies picking the goldfish to death or stressing them out. Not a good mix at all. Actually, because the black moor’s have large eyes, their eyesight is poor. They need to be kept with Goldie’s with the same eye type so they have a fighting chance of finding food. Shubunkins normally get quite large and are really pond fish. How large is your tank? You can sex goldfish in 2 ways: 1) the females have a small v shaped vent that sticks out by the anal area. The males have a concave vent which cuts inward. This is a little difficult to for some people to see. 2). An easier way is to look for tubercles or breeding spots which will be small white spots on gill plates and dorsal fins. It looks different than ich. You may want to Google some pics of them do you know what to look for. If your fish have these, they are males. They won’t show up until your fish reach breeding age and the breeding season which is normally early Spring when weather begins to warm the water a little. Goldfish are egg layers and guppies are live bearers. I breed and raise goldies, mostly black moor’s. If you have any questions, please ask. We’re here to help. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back