This is my 350 litre juwel Rio

Dunc has fish

Reaction score
This is my well established tank I have and fx6 filter and all pond solutions 2000efx UV I do keep getting spot algae on my glass can I stop this happening?
1000012746.jpg

Less light (duration and/or intensity); Can be acocmplished with floater plants. More plants. And, imo the best thing that has kept algae off the glass for me is nerite snails.
Thanks for reply yes was thinking of snails neurite the best thanks for replying.

Nice looking tank, but someone appears to have crashed an airplane in it. I hate when that happens.

You're going to get some algae spotting on the glass in most tanks; it is expected and not a big deal. Generally, more plants equals less algae, especially floating plants. I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (do they have those in the UK?) to keep my glass clean. Get the plain ones, with no cleaning chemicals. They are basically a super-fine textured, foam sponge. They wipe every thing right off without damaging the glass like scrubbers or razor blades can. A quick wipe every week during the water change keeps the glass clear and the fish visible.

Less light (duration and/or intensity); Can be acocmplished with floater plants. More plants. And, imo the best thing that has kept algae off the glass for me is nerite snails.
Wondering if nerites will peck off spot algae? They love eating my diatoms but the spot algae is so hard and I don't see them eating it. Perhaps i need to get more? I only have one very chunky snail in a 75 gallon...

Wondering if nerites will peck off spot algae? They love eating my diatoms but the spot algae is so hard and I don't see them eating it. Perhaps i need to get more? I only have one very chunky snail in a 75 gallon...
All I know is I haven't had any algae on my tank walls in any of the 3 tanks I've put them in since I've added them. And yes, they eat the diatoms too.

All I know is I haven't had any algae on my tank walls in any of the 3 tanks I've put them in since I've added them. And yes, they eat the diatoms too.
that's nice! will you give an example of the surface area of your tank walls and how many snails you got for that tank?

Nice looking tank, but someone appears to have crashed an airplane in it. I hate when that happens.

You're going to get some algae spotting on the glass in most tanks; it is expected and not a big deal. Generally, more plants equals less algae, especially floating plants. I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (do they have those in the UK?) to keep my glass clean. Get the plain ones, with no cleaning chemicals. They are basically a super-fine textured, foam sponge. They wipe every thing right off without damaging the glass like scrubbers or razor blades can. A quick wipe every week during the water change keeps the glass clear and the fish visible.
Thankyou yes it looks nice doesn't just trying to grow a few plants round it aswell , they are call electric blue acara beautiful colour .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back