Thinking About Getting Some Wilds

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jess6905

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Alright so hubby has been bugging me bout what I want for xmas and I've been thinking about getting some wilds for over a year now. I've got a spare 5, 10, and 15 gallon tanks that I could use for a species tank. What I need are recommendations on what species to go with and places to look for good info on them. I'm trying to find info, but keep coming up with nothing useful.
My other thought was to start a sorority again(haven't had one in years) or a leopard gecko which I doubt he will go for. If I start up a sorority i would do it in my 30 gallon which currently only has 4 black neons and 3 schwartzi cories(both are geting upped as soon as I can find healthy stock again).

What do you all think?

Wilds don't seem to be something that shops regularly get- the species available change quite frequently and it can be quite difficult to get a specific species.

The IBCSMP is probably a good place to start looking for information, there's lots of species profiles and several specific care articles. They aren't terribly hard to look after, the main consideration for species is what size tank you want to use. There's small species like dimidiata, which would be good for a small group in a 10g, whereas something hefty like an anabatoides would require a much larger tank.

Mark at anubiasdesign.com brings in lots of wilds. He currently has 11 wild species in stock. Email him if you are interested in ordering or want a shipping quote. It is colder up here, so I'm guessing he is only shipping via express right now. If you are only after a few fish it may be best to wait to spring. He normally carries wild bettas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back