Thinking About A Lighting Upgrade.......

Thats the guy :) that kit uses disposable cylinders so you just by a new one when the old one runs out. Think he does kits with refillable cylinders to. But as you say you have to find someone who can fill them for you. A local welding shop can sometimes, but they don't all do it and neither do all LFS, so probably best finding a shop and then buying the kit.

Sam

Thanks Sam :)

Do you think that kit would be ok?

How long would a cylinder like that last for? and would i be able to get replacments from the UK preferbly fom an internet supplier?

Even more questions! :D

Probably a month or two and yeh I think you can get these cylinders mail order in the UK especially from welding places, quite cheap too.

Sam

Thanks a lot for everyones help :)

Just a case of getting the money together to buy all the equipment now!

And that means less :drinks:

:lol:

Haha there is always a way of having both! Just stop eating or something?

In amongst all the craziness I thought I would add this link for disposable CO2 cylinders. Don't know if this is cheap or expensive.

In amongst all the craziness I thought I would add this link for disposable CO2 cylinders. Don't know if this is cheap or expensive.

That seems good - cheapest i've found so far for 1 cylinder was £15 inc delivery.

When i get the kit i will probably get a re-fillable bottle eventuly :good:

Yeh good idea, I think you have to get an attachement to convert the reg so that it accepts refillable bottles, you can get them from Aquaessentials

Sam

Yeh do, its good to see how other peoples tanks develop and I must confess to having just re-read most of the one for my 20g.

Can get lots of helpful advice then too :)

Sam

Well, my financial situation has taken a turn for the worst :S so the lighting upgrade and pressurized Co2 is out of the question at the moment.

So i'm going for the lighting upgrade and for now a yeast based Co2 system probaly either this Hagen one or this Hydor one, not sure which, so any suggestions welcome :)

Well, my financial situation has taken a turn for the worst :S so the lighting upgrade and pressurized Co2 is out of the question at the moment.

So i'm going for the lighting upgrade and for now a yeast based Co2 system probaly either this Hagen one or this Hydor one, not sure which, so any suggestions welcome :)
I would build your own diy yeast system. I have them on my 21,29 and 55g and I keep co2 at 20-25ppm...use a pop bottle and some tubing, there are some instructions on this site pinned...

Most reactions

Back