Thermometer

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

CTS

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Out of all the thermometers which is the best one to get. I have a 50 gal. Would getting two, one for each side be a good idea or just dumb?

One is fine, but I'd put it as far away from the heater as possible, just so you're sure that the whole tank is at the correct temp. ;)

Hi CTS :)

My newest toy just happens to be a digital thermometer! I think it's great. :thumbs: You can attach it to the outside of the tank with a suction cup and drop the probe in at whatever point you want. If you want to check several places, just move it around.

Check it out:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...2004+22787+2035

On the down side, my cat discovered it hanging on the tank and thinks it's fun to bat back and forth, so I have to take it off between uses. :lol:

I use 2 in the opposite corners of my 75g. I think thermometers are pretty much the same. The key is to look at a bunch of the thermometers at the store and pick one that's registering in the middle range of all of them.

I have a stick on thermometer on the out side at one end of the tank and a thermometer in the tank at the other end (only used the 2 as I had them already) both thermometers are always showing exactly the same temp so leads me to believe that they work as well as each other.

Hi...I have an LCD thermometer on the side of my tank and it's fine. However,I just got the same thermometer as inch worm and it DOES take away the
what color is that problem or the squint thru the tank where is the line syndrome. Temp is right there in front of you to read. SH

Thanks everone, i cant believe that digital thermometer is so cheap!!! I wonder how much it would be in Canada. Probably close to double (hahaha)
I must look for it.......

Most reactions

Back