The slime is back!

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
It's clear, its here, and its not going away!

My betta's tank has a thin layer of slime coating EVERYTHING except him! My poor Bartholomew looks like someone sneezed on the top of his water :(

My water parameters are coming back safe on the test kit, he's already had his weekly water change, I've scrubbed the walls with the scrubber sponge and I don't overfeed him! I did notice that the driftwood I've been soaking in a bucket was covered in slime as well, but I don't use tank water to soak it in, just regular 'ol conditioned water! The slime isn't visible unless its scraped off whatever surface it coats and then it floated in small pieces at the top of the tank before my filter gobbles it up. Bartholomew is acting normal, big appetite, feisty, and no physical/behavioral signs of illness. The ONLY change I've made other than the aborted driftwood attempt is I've changed his pellet food to a much smaller and healthier option, but again, I don't overfeed or leave uneaten food in the tank! Can anyone tell me what is going on with this?

In zion national park I walked in the river up and through a slot canyon know as the narrows. Every single rock in the river is slimy. In a water environment slimy surfaces are normal. As long as your water parameters are safe and you have observed nothing else of concern i would not be worried about it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back