The Good, Bad, and Ugly

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
Well.. I'll start with ugly and work my way up so that things get happier.

First off, my male veiltail Laddie is dying. :-( He was my second betta ever - bought him as a gorgeous steel blue, and he gradually turned navy with maroon highlights. Very pretty boy. However, his tail eventually went to shreds, and ended up less than an inch long. I think he was biting it himself (as he was in an empty tank for awhile). :X I've tried everything to get him back to health, but after the tail problems were stopped from worsening, he got ich, then fin rot, fungus, and now he has a really weird problem. His mouth is deteriorating - half of the bottom jaw is gone. He can't eat anymore, and his having trouble breathing. He'll be gone soon. :(

The bad? Tonight I noticed that I could barely find any falx fry.. and realized dad was trying to get them! GRRR! :grr: I grabbed him and stuck in into a breeder in the same tank, because I don't want him back with the female yet (they'll spawn)! I am getting a divider for the tank tomorrow. Anyways, checked on him 5 minutes later and he had jumped back into the tank!! :sly: Urgh. So I made a makeshift divider and put him back in with the female. They already want at each other.... Anyways, I only found 5 falx fry (plus the 5 in the net). Better then I thought originally, and perhaps some will come out of the woodwork tomorrow. :dunno:

The good? Wee... it's very good too! :hyper: I just happened to stop by Walmart today, and found that they had in a new betta shipment! Bunches of CROWNTAIL GALS! :D It took me a year and a day to pick, but came out with two lovelies. One is a cambodian with a white body and bright red fins, and the other is blue and purple. They are TINY! Can't be more than a few months old, if that. So they may be breeders... who knows. I have a few not-so-good pics of them, I'll go post them right now. :thumbs:

hye julie! im sorry to hear about Laddie! :( i cant help cuz im new, but im glad to hear about your new babies! :) :) congrats!!! :D and congrats on the fry too! :) good luck with the new crowd (new bettas and fry) :D

juliethegr8t said:
First off, my male veiltail Laddie is dying. :-( He was my second betta ever - bought him as a gorgeous steel blue, and he gradually turned navy with maroon highlights. Very pretty boy. However, his tail eventually went to shreds, and ended up less than an inch long. I think he was biting it himself (as he was in an empty tank for awhile). :X I've tried everything to get him back to health, but after the tail problems were stopped from worsening, he got ich, then fin rot, fungus, and now he has a really weird problem. His mouth is deteriorating - half of the bottom jaw is gone. He can't eat anymore, and his having trouble breathing. He'll be gone soon. :(
:-(

:( Sorry to hear about the rough time your Laddie is having.

On the other hand, hooray for your great find!

im sorry about laddie julie, but as far as the females great find and gl with em.

Most reactions

Back