thanks for the welcome

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nickylu

Reaction score
Hi i have just done a water change and i found one dead neon floating around looking very puffed up ???? . i have been away for a couple of days so dont know how long it had been there :/ . but when i counted the remaining neons one was still missing. where could it have gone :dunno: .

i dont think any of my fish are big enough to eat neons :-( are they ????.

i wonder what caused them to die, i took a sample to check at my local fish shop about a week ago and my water properties are just right. no sign of illness ect. all the other fish seem fine.

:-( :/ :( :-( :( :/

Hi

The puffing up could be because its been dead a day or two (decomposition gases), the other one wil be there somewhere dead or not. test your water now, and you test it not the lfs as they may not (depending on thier rep) give you an accurate reading. Find your other neon, If you dont have any predatory fish its there somewhere. What other fish have you got, size of tank? and any other info will help.

Jon

[Edit seen your sig] No predatory fish and not overstocked. the other neon is there somewhere, dead or not

i have a duwel rio 180

i set the tank up about 2 months ago.

i have -
4 male gouramis
4 female gouramis
3 long finned black widdows
11 neons (one been the missing one)
3 dwarf frogs

ive been really happy with the lfs they have seemed to be really honest so far. but i will get some testing kits which do you recommend ?. i dont have any yet !.

i'll also have another hunt around for the missing fish, i coudent see it going into the filter as all the gaps are too small. i could have hoovered it up (if it was dead) when doing the water change could that be poss.

all other fish seem fine, i do water changes every week to keep it clean. but the plants still get covered in brown dirt. could this be because of over feeding and that also could be why the neons died?. :(

Most reactions

Back