Tetratec Ex700

rfisher

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has got a Tetratec EX700 Canister filter and if so what do they think of them.

Rich

I don't own one personally, however I've sold quite a few and never had any complaints from customers.
my understanding of Tetras brief on designing them is to be as good or better than eheim, but cheaper.
I think they have acheived this.

I don't own one personally, however I've sold quite a few and never had any complaints from customers.
my understanding of Tetras brief on designing them is to be as good or better than eheim, but cheaper.
I think they have acheived this.

Do you own a shop then or sell on ebay?

Rich

Hey rfisher

I got an ex700 on my mbuna setup, its been running now since about February and it has worked like a charm. When I was reading up on externals before I decided on the tertatec, all the reviews of externals said that the starter system on most models where crappy and most of the time you ended up with a mouthful of tank water when trying to get them going. Not with the tetratec, it works, starts and runs like a charm. Also the motor is virtually silent once you give the canister a shake to get the residual air out of it after it has been cleaned. I give these models top marks and I recommend them not just for being reliable but because the cost is very low also.

post-18922-1144228806.jpg

post-18922-1144228869.jpg

I also found that it does a great job of polishing the water

dscf1165.jpg

Thanks for that Tanks a lot. I think i have now made up my mind i will be getting the Tetratec. Thanks for replying.

Rich

Digging up the past here. :rolleyes:

I've got the internal juwel filter running at 600L per hour and the external TetraTec EX700 running 700L per hour. Since my tank is a 180L the specs for the TetraTec EX700 says it is well suited up to a size of 250L. Does this mean I can remove the internal and not suffer any adverse conditions. I really dont think the internal does that much anyway since I have removed the fine cotton filter, Green Nitrate filter, and Black Carbon filter. Its probably only working in a biological sense but the external should be well capable of taking over the strain. The fish I have are in my signature below...(I am aware the sharks will get alot bigger!! :) they will be taken out in a few months, I'll enjoy them until then!)

Any suggestions would be great.

provided both filters have been running together for at least 2 weeks,
I can see no reason not to take out the internal.

I've got the internal juwel filter running at 600L per hour and the external TetraTec EX700 running 700L per hour. Since my tank is a 180L the specs for the TetraTec EX700 says it is well suited up to a size of 250L. Does this mean I can remove the internal and not suffer any adverse conditions. I really dont think the internal does that much anyway since I have removed the fine cotton filter, Green Nitrate filter, and Black Carbon filter. Its probably only working in a biological sense but the external should be well capable of taking over the strain. The fish I have are in my signature below...(I am aware the sharks will get alot bigger!! :) they will be taken out in a few months, I'll enjoy them until then!)

I've had my EX700 running on my 200l for around two months now. I wish I'd got one much sooner, they're an absolute steal. And, for anyone wondering whether to take the plunge, you get EVERYTHING with them; hoses, taps, all media and spray bar, too. I've only cleaned the sponges once, even then it really wasn't worth it - I was just too curious to find out how good external filters really are. Since I've been using it, my Pencilfish are constantly 'in the mood'.

I've had my EX700 running on my 200l for around two months now. I wish I'd got one much sooner, they're an absolute steal. And, for anyone wondering whether to take the plunge, you get EVERYTHING with them; hoses, taps, all media and spray bar, too. I've only cleaned the sponges once, even then it really wasn't worth it - I was just too curious to find out how good external filters really are. Since I've been using it, my Pencilfish are constantly 'in the mood'.

I have had an ex1200 running on my trigon 190 for two weeks now with the internal one. I cant recomend these units enough, water is crystal clear and was very easy to set up with loads of filter media and quality hose/connections. All at a baragin price.

Will be leaving both running for a few more weeks to mature the new one, before re-planting it as its currently full of algae and fancy a change anyway :good:

another happy ex700 user here, for the money i don't think another other similar filter on the market can compare. Another aspect i'm very pleased about is how QUIET it is when running. I have my ex700 in my bedroom tank ( i like to watch the fish as i drift to sleep, very relaxing :D ) and you can't hear the cannister operating it's that quiet.

By loads of fish, do you mean over stocked or what?

I know my tank is not overstocked yet (when the bala sharks grow then it will be!!)

I want to get rid of the internal...its bloody horrible!! :( :shout:

Will a EX700 be good for a slightly over stocked Roma 125? They can be found brand new for £64 now which seems like a bargain.

Most reactions

Back