Tetra's Spots

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Webbie48

Reaction score
Hi
I have noticed this morning that one of my Cardnal tetra's has 3 white raised spots on his body just where the tail fin joins the body, thay are separate.look a bit like very small eggs.
The fish seems ok apart from geting a bit of a chasing from the other tetra's
Your help would be appreciated

Take a closer look at them first before you add the med usually small white spot are bacterial and need to be treated with an internal bacteria med.

Mine have that same thing I think, I just assumed it was ich... Day 5 of Quick Cure treatment & the spots arnt going away. The only thing I have (for bacterial problems) that is safe for catfish as well is melafix, would that work?

Melafix is good for the outside bacteria on fish, but not for inside you will need an internal bacteria med, whitespot or itch look like they have been sprinkled in salt.

The spots look more sugar-sized, although there are smaller spots; so that isn't ich?? I tried to take a pic but they didn't turn out too good :( What can I use to medicate if I have catfish & loaches?

Make sure the med says you can medicate with all fish, it should tell you in the instructions if the med is not safe with certain types of fish.

Thanks for your reply I have now noticed that one of the other neons has got white spot, so I will treat this and see how the other progresses at least It will eliminate the white spot if it stays unchanged
I was about to change some water tomorrow and clean one of my filter pads (well give it a squeeze) would you do this, and then add the treatment or just do the water and then the treatment
Cheers

If they are not messy don't touch them leave them with adding a med, good luck.

Wilder
Thanks for your help I have started the treatment and given the filter a miss
Thanks again Webbie

Most reactions

Back